Visual DesignerBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
Shorelight Education’s growing creative team is seeking a highly motivated, multidisciplinary designer with a passion for great design and a drive for developing innovative concepts and executing beautiful and meticulously crafted work across multiple platforms, products, and campaigns, all within the global education space. This is an exciting opportunity to work across a variety of projects.
- Collaborate with the Creative team and relevant stakeholders to conceptualize and execute top quality design work on time and in-line with corporate and partner brand standards—both print and digital
- Manage the quality of design throughout all phases of a project, from brief to final production
- Maintain, update, and edit existing marketing materials—both print and digital
- Coordinate and film and photography shoots, as needed.
- Produce digital assets for WordPress websites, Marketo email templates and digital display ads.
- Establish and maintain consistently high graphic standards and proactively learn new techniques and trends (and disseminate such information to others on the creative team).
- Work with the Creative Director and broader creative team to maintain an extensive file organization structure, prioritize work, optimize efficiencies and monitor all materials across all stages of the creative operation
- Present new ideas and concepts clearly and effectively
- You participate constructively in inter-department and cross-functional lines of communication
- Degree in Design, Visual Arts or relevant field
- 5+ years of relevant experience, either at an agency or in-house.
- A strong online portfolio showcasing a breadth of conceptual brand-focused work that illustrates clean modern design principles, refined typography and the limitations of both print and digital.
- A discerning eye for visual storytelling, editorial design experience a plus.
- Strong attention to detail and meticulous production skills—both print and digital
- Advanced proficiency with design and prototyping tools—Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch/Invision Studio, Invision Prototyping. Understanding of web development, a plus.
- Knowledge of digital and offset printing processes
- Proven skills in the areas of conceptual design
- Experience with content development and an understanding of marketing business goals.
- Experience in photography and video art direction
- Knowledge of UX/UI fundamentals
- An interest in cultivating leadership skills
- Proven ability to work in a rapidly changing, high-growth environment.
- Experience using software such as Widen, Dropbox, Jira, Marketo and Wrike Project Management tools are a plus
- Strong collaboration skills, a flexible demeanor, and a friendly approach to working with different cross-functional of teams.
- Self-motivated—must be able to work unsupervised—with strong organizational skills and the ability to work on multiple projects and adhere to tight deadlines as needed.
- Able to work and travel in the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a résumé, cover letter and link to an online portfolio.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.