UX DesignerBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education’s growing creative team is seeking a highly motivated, multidisciplinary UX Designer with a passion for great design and a drive for developing innovative concepts focused on user needs. Armed with findings from user research, this role will transform a complex series of tasks and processes into intuitive, meaningful, and visually elegant experiences across print and digital touchpoints. We’re looking for a skilled communicator who can carefully balance customer goals, business needs, and technology considerations, to develop and execute a user experience strategy that inspires our audiences and delivers outstanding business results.
- Work collaboratively with the VP Content & Creative and the Creative Director to create, communicate, and deliver a long-range user experience strategy across multiple touchpoints and platforms.
- Develop and maintain a design system / pattern library that allows Shorelight to create a consistent and predictable global experience across different sites, while evolving towards enhancements that will meet and exceed customer expectations.
- Work collaboratively within a cross-disciplinary team of marketers, designers, writers, project managers, and developers to design, deliver, and manage a portfolio of user experiences across Shorelight’s digital and print properties.
- Comfortable working with a creative team to rapidly ideate and iterate a range of proposed designs for a given opportunity, then collaboratively review and validate their effectiveness.
- Ability to synthesize and refine qualitative and quantitative data into visually compelling stories that effectively communicate design concepts and rationales to stakeholders, and incorporate feedback, to arrive at the best solution.
- Work with Creative Director to establish brand direction from the ground up, or work within existing brand guidelines, to create layouts that reinforce a brand’s style or voice through its visual touchpoints, both print and digital.
- Follow user-centered design best practices, and champion user research and usability standards, in order to create designs that engage and inspire our audiences, while driving successful business outcomes.
- Work closely with front end designers to implement designs in an iterative software development environment.
- 5+ years design experience
- You have a solid understanding of user interface design patterns, information architecture, user experience, and design thinking best practices
- You have attention to detail and possess impeccable, cutting-edge visual design skills (including layout, grid systems, typography, iconography, and color) for both print and digital experiences
- You’re fascinated by people, their motivations, and desires relating to any given design problem
- You love helping identify user needs and establishing designs that help them reach their goals
- You can work well with a team of diverse colleagues and stakeholders
- You excel at handling multiple projects and timelines, and can effectively prioritize your project work with your team, while being able to work collaboratively and independently
- You have excellent interpersonal and problem-solving skills
- You are highly skilled in design and prototyping tools—Adobe Creative Suite, Sketch/Invision Studio, Invision Prototyping.
- You hold a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in human-centered design, interaction design, information architecture, data science, human-computer interaction, visual design, or a related program
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a résumé, cover letter and link to an online portfolio.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.