USC International Accelerator Program – Admissions OfficerColumbia, South Carolina
The USC International Accelerator Program (IAP) is a partnership between the University of South Carolina (USC) and Shorelight Education. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood in obtaining their degrees.
The Admissions Officer assists with the admissions of international students at the USC International Accelerator Program. Reporting to the Associate Director of Admissions, the Admissions Officer possesses a high degree of self-direction, strong attention to detail, and excellent problem-solving skills. He or she demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity toward students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Admissions Data Management & Integrity
- Manage data coordination, including entering qualified applicants into database systems
- Assist in reviewing applications, transcripts, and other documents required for international student admission
- Coordinate admissions process with USC’s Office of Undergraduate Admissions, Graduate School, and English Programs for Internationals
- Coordinate I-20 process with the Office of International Student Services and English Programs for Internationals
- Develop and run data reports for routine reporting to relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with student services staff to gather student feedback, keep Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) updated and share student accomplishments with market-facing staff and recruiters
- Support the Academic and Student Services Directors by assisting with pre-arrival processes and documentation, including partner and student inquiries
- Review and coordinate mail and documentation on a daily basis
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries
- Process requests for information packets and prepare mailings to prospective students
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in higher education, international education, or related field
- 1+ years Admissions experience, including working knowledge of university admissions processes
- Knowledge of international student services within a higher education setting
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate and accomplish work goals
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Expertise with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with Banner and/or Salesforce
- Strong working knowledge of PeopleSoft software
- Strong working knowledge of one or more foreign languages
- Ability to take initiative, perform multiple assignments, and establish short- and long-term priorities
- Ability to demonstrate sound business acumen and meet performance targets
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Education, Criminal, Identity
USC IAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.