USC IAP — Career Accelerator Program ManagerColumbia, South Carolina
The University of South Carolina International Accelerator Program (USC IAP) is a partnership between the University of South Carolina and Shorelight Education. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood in obtaining their degrees.
The Career Accelerator Program (CAP) Manager works closely with campus leadership teams and university partners to manage and grow the existing Undergraduate and Master’s Career Accelerator Program. The Program Manager works directly with students, preparing them for global and local internship and employment opportunities. The CAP Manager also works with career services offices around the university to ensure alignment with their efforts and with local and global employers to develop and promote opportunities for international students. This position reports to the Career Accelerator Director, with a dotted line to the USC Career Center’s Associate Director of Career Development and Experiential Education.
The Program Manager is a self-starter who is motivated by a challenge. He or she has strong problem-solving, decision-making, and creative-thinking abilities and demonstrates excellent communication, presentation, and organizational skills. As an integral member of the USC IAP leadership team, the CAP Manager is a skilled team player who can successfully lead the establishment of enriching internship experiences for international students, including accountability for career coaching, advising, and program development.
- Ensure all concepts and details for the Career Accelerator Program are integrated into any new program and/or product launches
- Take overall responsibility to guarantee internship preparation and search assistance for students who meet criteria
- Secure new internship opportunities through the development and implementation of partnerships with employers on state, regional, national, and international levels
- Work to continuously improve the Undergraduate and Master Career Accelerator Programs and internship experience
- Assist students in navigating the career development, planning, and implementation process by leading students through the Career Accelerator and Master Career Accelerator Programs
- Supervise, design, present, and/or coordinate career preparation and professional development workshops and classroom presentations with enthusiasm and creativity
- Conduct one-on-one progress and coaching sessions
- Ensure student preparedness for participation in educational internships, postgraduate job searches, and other career goals
- Manage internship logistics and resolve workplace issues, ensuring that employer relationships and internship opportunities adhere to the high standards of Shorelight, the university partners, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principals of Ethical Professional Practice
- Utilize discretion and independent judgment while working with confidential and sensitive student information during the career orientation, program adoption, and career coaching process
- Manage Career Accelerator and Master Career Accelerator Program materials
- Lead employer outreach and relationship development
- Manage all career development services in the IAP in collaboration with university partnership departments (including the Career Center)
- Liaise with all areas of the university’s Career Center(s) to include career development, experiential education activities, employer relations, and operations to ensure that existing services are leveraged, integrated, and contributing to the Career Center key performance indicators
- Collaborate with IAP Marketing Coordinator in the development of collateral to promote the Master and Undergraduate Career Accelerator Programs to existing and potential students
- Connect with campus leadership teams, key university-partner staff, and Shorelight Education colleagues, maintaining trust through open channels of communication
- Inspire change in students through instruction and guidance on how to reflect on previous experiences, make career-related decisions, and help increase career-related self-efficacy
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organizational goals
- Provide coaching, counseling and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
Data and Technology
- Track participation of and contact with students
- Analyze data and reports on the progress of the program and achievement of objectives
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate current scope of services offered
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3–5 years’ experience in career services and experiential education, recruiting, or human resources
- Experience working with international students and ability to exhibit cross-cultural awareness and understanding
- Experience recruiting, leading, motivating, coaching, developing, and retaining staff
- Technical aptitude and experience with spreadsheets and/or databases
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree
- Teaching, training, or group facilitation experience
- Agency recruiting experience and knowledge of industry trends
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
USC IAP is an Equal Opportunity Employer.