UOP International – Career Accelerator Program Manager
UOP International – Career Accelerator Program Manager
San Francisco, California
UOP International is a partnership between the University of the Pacific (UOP) and Shorelight Education. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students (graduate and undergraduate) in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood of obtaining their degrees at UOP.
UOP International seeks a dynamic individual to develop and lead our Career Accelerator initiative. Reporting to the Student Services Director with a dotted line to the Career Accelerator Director, the Career Accelerator Program Manager will work closely with the campus leadership team and university partners. The Program Manager will also work directly with students, preparing them for global and local internship opportunities, and serve as a local contact to nurture employer relationships and promote employers to students.
The Program Manager is a self-starter who is motivated by a challenge. Essential duties include employer outreach and relationship development; internship coordination; development of curriculum for and teaching of educational workshops, presentations, and career-related courses; coordinating career outreach programs and events; conducting one-on-one career coaching appointments; and working on special projects that address the career development needs of our students, continually expanding the student user base and scope of services provided to all our stakeholders.
- Manage all career development services at UOP International
- Ensure all concepts and details for the Career Accelerator Program are integrated into new program and/or product launches
- Ensure student preparedness for participation in educational internships, post-graduate job searches, and other career goals
- Secure new internship opportunities through the development and implementation of partnerships with employers on state, regional, national, and international levels
- Work to continuously improve the Undergraduate and Master Career Accelerator Programs and internship experience
- Assist students in navigating the career development, planning, and implementation process by leading students through the Career Accelerator and Master Career Accelerator Programs
- Supervise, design, present, and/or coordinate career preparation and professional development curriculum, workshops and classroom presentations with enthusiasm and creativity
- Conduct one-on-one progress and coaching sessions
- Ensure student preparedness for participation in educational internships, postgraduate job searches, and other career goals
- Manage internship logistics and resolve workplace issues, ensuring that employer relationships and internship opportunities adhere to the high standards of Shorelight, the university partners, the Fair Labor Standards Act (FLSA), and the National Association of Colleges and Employers (NACE) Principals of Ethical Professional Practice
- Utilize discretion and independent judgment while working with confidential and sensitive student information during the career orientation, program adoption, and career coaching process
- Manage Career Accelerator and Master Career Accelerator Program materials
- Lead employer outreach and relationship development
- Manage all career development services at UOP International in collaboration with university partnership departments (including the Career Center)
- Liaise with all areas of the university’s Career Center(s) to include career development, experiential education activities, employer relations, and operations to ensure that existing services are leveraged, integrated, and contributing to the Career Center key performance indicators
- Collaborate with UOP International’s Marketing Coordinator in the development of collateral to promote the Master and Undergraduate Career Accelerator Programs to existing and potential students
- Connect with campus leadership teams, key university-partner staff, and Shorelight Education colleagues, maintaining trust through open channels of communication
- Inspire change in students through instruction and guidance on how to reflect on previous experiences, make career-related decisions, and help increase career-related self-efficacy
Data and Technology
- Track participation of and contact with students
- Analyze data and reports on the progress of the program and achievement of objectives
- Monitor, analyze, and evaluate current scope of services offered
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in career services and experiential education, recruiting, or human resources
- Experience working with international students and ability to exhibit cross-cultural awareness and understanding
- Experience recruiting, leading, motivating, coaching, developing, and retaining staff
- Technical aptitude and experience with spreadsheets and/or databases
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the USA without sponsorship
- Master’s Degree
- Teaching, training, or group facilitation experience
- Agency recruiting experience and knowledge of industry trends
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
UOP International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.