UOP International – Associate Student Services DirectorSan Francisco, California
UOP International – Associate Student Services Director
San Francisco, California
UOP International is a partnership between the University of the Pacific and Shorelight Education. Our mission is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood of obtaining their degrees at UOP.
The Associate Student Services Director (ASSD) supports all aspects of student services for the international students enrolled in UOP International, San Francisco programs and reports to the Student Services Director (SSD). The main responsibility of this role is to implement a strategic plan that supports students’ academic engagement, social integration and cross-cultural development in their new academic and social environment.
This skilled team player successfully implements support services catered to international students. The ASSD is an experienced manager with an innovative approach to analysis, data-driven decision making, and problem-solving. He or she understands the holistic overlay of the academic, social, and emotional needs in the student lifecycle. Having a hands-on approach to academic delivery, customer service, and business growth is essential to successful collaboration with internal and external stakeholders, university administrators, students, and parents.
This position will be based in San Francisco with a regular presence in Stockton, California.
- Lead the Student Services Operations in San Francisco, prioritizing a focus on student retention and programs that guide, prepare, and motivate students toward degree completion
- Lead the Student Serives team in delivering key service components of the student experience, including student ancillary services such as pre-arrival communication, arrival support services such as airport transfers, orientation programming, on-going student services support, events calendar, coordination with university cultural associations, coordination of a student ambassador program and peer advising infrastructure, progression, matriculation, and the overall student experience
- Handle special student cases, including students experiencing significant personal and academic difficulties
- At all times, deliver exceptional customer service as part of the Signature Student Experiences; lead on and off-campus events (where applicable)
- Teach first-year and/or professional development seminar course (if applicable)
- Providing 24-hour on call support through the student-facing hotline
• Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
• Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
• Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
• Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
• Liaise with and create mutually beneficial, scalable relationships with key contacts at the university, including the Managing Director (MD), SSD, AD, Admissions Director, CAP Manager, International Student Services, Campus Housing, Dining Services, Student Development & Enrollment Services, Office of Student Involvement, Student Affairs, Student Conduct, Counseling Services, Office of the Registrar, and various other departments
Data and Technology
- Coordinate with the SSD in facilitating student surveys and monitoring student survey results
- Commit to organizational improvement by identifying opportunities to improve; contribute to student services operations to ensure that systems and procedures are followed and technology is used to streamline systems and procedures; assist in the creation of new processes
- Collaborate with the SSD, the Academic Team (Academic Director, Assistant Academic Director and Academic Coordinator), CAP Manager and Admissions Director on data collection and analysis and provide required data and information to internal and external stakeholders, with an eye toward the strategic planning of future retention activities and creating the best possible experience for students
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience in higher education, hospitality, or student-facing equivalent
- Proven people management skills
- Ability to work evening and weekend hours as needed
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree
- Experience working with international students or customers in an administrative or academic capacity
- Experience managing high performing teams
- Experience in program evaluation and assessment
- Experience planning and organizing events
- Experience working successfully with non-native English speakers
- Understanding of class management tools and systems
- Knowledge of Spanish, Mandarin, Arabic, or Hindi
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check required – Identity, Education, Criminal
UOP International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.