University Partnerships Director, University of Massachusetts BostonBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni
The University Partnerships Director, University of Massachusetts Boston, serves as the primary liaison with the university’s enrollment and international student services teams. The Program Director is an energetic team player who can successfully support enrollment and support services catered to international students. The successful candidate is a strategic thinker with interpersonal and intercultural skills necessary to work closely with students, parents, program staff, and university administration. This position requires a self-directed individual with excellent problem-solving, communication, and detail-orientated skills. Based in Shorelight’s main office in Boston, the University Partnerships Director reports to Shorelight’s Executive Director.
- Serve as primary relationship manager of critical university personnel, including Vice Chancellor of Enrollment Management, Dean of Undergraduate or Graduate Admissions, Program Directors, Primary Designated School Official, International Student Services, Housing, Registrar, Office of Student Activities, and Financial Services
- Foster external relationships and partnerships to enhance the profile and success of the opportunity
- Lead annual review and updating of program operations, including pricing and academic calendar
- Liaise with Shorelight and university finance teams to ensure student payments and flow of funds
- Ensure that systems and procedures are established and followed to maintain accurate records and reporting on all aspects of the program
- Identify opportunities to streamline process and oversee ongoing implementation of international best practice
- Develop, document, and communicate local campus policies related to admissions, enrollment management, and student services
- Deliver exceptional student services, beginning with pre-arrival processes, airport transfers, and support student acculturation into the university
- Liaise closely with Recruitment and Enrollment services to ensure students have a smooth pre-arrival and arrival experience
- Support special student cases, including students experiencing significant personal and academic difficulties, and liaise with emergency contact when necessary
- Collaborate with appropriate Shorelight departments on data collection and analysis and provide required data and information to internal and external stakeholders, with an eye toward strategic planning of future retention activities and creating the best possible experience for students
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 3–5+ years of experience in the university education/admissions industry/operations
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multitask and be attentive to details
- Ability to think independently, thoroughly, and critically in fast-paced contexts
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, work collegially, and inspire others to high levels of performance
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders from local, national, and international constituencies
- Exhibit a combination of insight, transparency, fairness, and commitment to the institution
- Demonstrated understanding of student support services for international students
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree in international education-related field
- Experience with student data management and/or application systems, including Banner, Salesforce, Sunapsis, or other related CRM systems
- Demonstrated success in establishing processes and continuously improving on them
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
As standard procedure for all new hires, this position is subject to a satisfactory reference check and background check, which includes criminal, sex offender, employment, and education verification, and may also include credit check.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.