UMass Amherst Global & UMass Boston — Assistant Director of AdmissionsBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Assistant Director of Admissions is an energetic, detail-oriented individual who supports admissions, marketing, and international student services. Reporting to the Director, Global Admissions, with a secondary reporting to the University Relationship Manager(s), the Assistant Director of Admissions ensures the delivery of high-quality customer service to Shorelight’s partners, offshore sales teams, and prospective and enrolled students. The successful candidate is a strategic thinker with interpersonal and intercultural skills necessary to work closely with students, parents, program staff, and university administration. This position requires a self-directed individual with excellent problem-solving, communication, and detail-orientated skills.
- Liaise with critical university personnel, including but not limited to VP of Enrollment Management, Graduate Admissions Directors/Assistant Deans, Primary Designated School Official
- Support partnership relationships with key stakeholders in the enrollment process across the university
- Chair enrollment services committees and working groups
- Lead biannual evaluation of Localized Entry Requirements (LERs), acceptable credentials, and application throughout with the intention of optimizing existing processes
- Serve as Admissions lead on new program development and implementation, including definition of admissions criteria, policies, and operational processes
- Assist coordination of recruitment trips/familiarization tours and other related recruitment activities
Processing and Operations
- Assess applications, international academic credentials, and other documents required for international student admissions
- Manage internal and external application data and document processing, including transfer to university SIS and CRM systems
- Monitor and uphold service agreements (turnaround time) for all applicant profiles, including graduate, sponsored, and I-20 transfer students, as applicable
- Supervise entry-level administrative staff
- Oversee new application case escalation to the appropriate academic or faculty personnel
- Develop and oversee enrollment management reports such as funnel reports that track incoming student cohorts
- Develop, document, and communicate local campus policies related to admissions and enrollment management
- Coordinate I-20 process with staff, including managing the shipment of I-20 student packets to field agents
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree in higher education, international education, or related field
- 3–5 years of work experience in higher education, international education, or related field
- Experience with student data management and/or application systems, including Microsoft, PeopleSoft, Salesforce, Sunapsis, or other related CRM systems
- Strong organizational and planning skills with the ability to multitask and be attentive to details
- Ability to think independently and work collaboratively in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrated success in establishing processes and continuously improving on them
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s degree in higher education
- 1–3 years of experience managing entry level staff
- Proven track record of successfully working collaboratively in a matrixed environment
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.