UDayton Global — Admissions OfficerDayton, Ohio
UDayton Global is an innovative partnership between the University of Dayton and Shorelight Education. Together, they created UDayton Global’s International Accelerator Program (IAP), which combines intensive English-language instruction with courses, programs and additional support to help international students adjust academically and socially to the University of Dayton and the community of Dayton, Ohio. Offering programs for both undergraduate and graduate students, the IAP expands the university’s efforts to educate students from around the world and ensure positive outcomes.
The University of Dayton is a top-tier Catholic, Marianist research university that stands as a leader in higher education and one of the preeminent Catholic universities in the nation. It is one of the largest private universities in Ohio, with enrollment of more than 10,800 students, including more than 7,800 full-time undergraduates. The university employs approximately 2,600 full-time and part-time faculty and staff and is distinguished by strong academics, research and community involvement. The University of Dayton is an inclusive and collaborative community and a great place work!
The Admissions Officer assists with the admissions of international students for both Direct and International Accelerator Programs (IAP). Reporting to the Director of Admissions, the Admissions Officer possesses a high degree of self-direction, strong attention to detail, and excellent problem-solving skills. He or she demonstrates outstanding interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity toward students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds.
Admissions Data Management & Integrity
- Process applications and documents and forward them to university partners via integration tools
- Assist in reviewing applications, transcripts, and other documents required for international student admissions
- Review daily reports to manage and maintain the processing of applications and offers are meeting required deadlines
- Coordinate I-20 process with partner university admissions staff
- Prepare acceptance packet mailings
- Develop and run data reports for routine reporting to relevant stakeholders
- Liaise with student services staff to gather student feedback, keep Salesforce Customer Relationship Management (CRM) updated and share student accomplishments with market-facing staff and recruiters
- Other duties as assigned
- Support the Academic and Student Services Directors by assisting with pre-arrival processes and documentation, including partner and student inquiries
- Review and coordinate mail and documentation on a daily basis
- Respond to e-mail and phone inquiries
- Assist with webinars for future students
- Process requests for information packets and prepare mailings to prospective students
- Participate in weekly staff meetings
- Bachelor’s degree in higher education, international education, or related field
- 1+ years Admissions experience, including working knowledge of university admissions processes
- Knowledge of international student services within a higher education setting
- Proven ability to establish and maintain positive working relationships with key stakeholders to facilitate and accomplish work goals
- Demonstrated ability to complete projects in a timely manner
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Expertise with Microsoft Office programs
- Experience with Banner and/or Salesforce
- Strong working knowledge of PeopleSoft software
- Strong working knowledge of one or more foreign languages
- Ability to take initiative, perform multiple assignments, and establish short- and long-term priorities
- Ability to demonstrate sound business acumen and meet performance targets
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Education, Criminal, Identity
UDayton Global is an Equal Opportunity Employer.