U.S. News Global Education — Business Development AssociateBoston, Massachusetts
U.S. News Global Education helps international students find the best U.S. universities that fit their interests and desired educational outcomes. Our mission is to enable life-changing experiences for students, and open American and Global Universities to the world.
The Business Development Associate will launch the first sales effort and help build the company. This is an excellent opportunity for someone looking to get in on the ground floor and grow as the company grows. The position requires creativity, an understanding of online and offline marketing tactics, and a solution-selling mentality. The ideal candidate will have experience selling in the higher education arena, preferably with international experience, but most importantly will have a can-do attitude, willingness to roll up his or her sleeves to do whatever it takes, a positive attitude, and a history of successful selling.
- Develop and execute sales campaigns to drive new business and cross/upsell growth opportunities
- Prospect and develop new clients, including cold-calling and networking
- Manage product-level market communication vehicles across the creation of new opportunities as well as moving opportunities through the sales process
- Track sales and status reports
- Achieve sales targets and outcomes within schedule
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3 years’ experience in sales; higher education sales strongly preferred
- Direct sales experience creating, developing, and managing programs and marketing tactics
- A proven track record selling both online and offline marketing programs
- Hunting as well as account and client management experience
- Proficiency using a CRM tool and dedicated to inputting all data
- Accurate sales forecasting abilities
- Ability to deliver timely follow-up to specific requests and needs
- Resourcefulness, assertiveness, and strong service ethic
- The ability to thrive in a collaborative team environment with an open floor plan
- Entrepreneurial spirit
- Working knowledge of Microsoft office products
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
U.S. News and Global Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.