Talent Acquisition Partner, ChinaBeijing, China
Talent Acquisition Partner
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
Based in either Beijing or Shanghai, the Talent Acquisition Partner is responsible for providing full lifecycle recruitment for Shorelight’s offices in China, as well as also supporting recruitment in other regional markets as needed. The successful candidate will be expected to provide the highest quality of service to hiring managers and candidates, while guiding all parties through the recruitment process. Reporting to the Director of Talent Management, the Talent Acquisition Partner identifies, sources and screens top talent to join Shorelight’s rapidly growing global education business. They will be working in concert with the HR team in China.
Sourcing and Screening Candidates
- Collaborate with hiring managers to identify their needs and understand their team dynamic with the aim of finding candidates who not only have the experience to be successful in the role, but the competencies necessary to mesh with Shorelight’s culture
- Develop recruiting strategies for all open positions
- Oversee job creation and posting within Jobvite, Shorelight’s applicant tracking system
- Leverage recruitment resources such as the Shorelight website, social media, job boards and their own personal network to identify and recruit candidates
- Develop and implement new cost-effective sourcing strategies to deliver recruiting results
- Review resumes and credentials in relation to position requirements
- Prescreen candidates and present detailed summaries to hiring managers and other stakeholders
- Build and maintain a database of talent using Jobvite, so as to pipeline candidates for future opportunities
- Manage relationships with hiring managers and other internal stakeholders as well as candidates throughout the recruiting and selection process
- Communicate fully and professionally with candidates throughout the process, so that they are apprised of their status and have clear expectations as to next steps
- Conduct reference checks and partner with other Human Resources staff to generate offer letters
- Educate internal stakeholders on Shorelight’s hiring process, making sure everyone follows the appropriate protocol
- Keeping apprised of company initiatives and growth, think proactively about Talent Acquisition, continually looking for ways they can improve and build upon the function
- Keep abreast of trends and innovative recruiting techniques to effectively compete for outstanding talent and maintain world-class recruiting practices
- Provide support for new employees during the onboarding process, answering questions and guiding them towards other resources
- Be the system owner for Jobvite in China, managing regional requisitions and candidate information and liaising with HQ around any system support required
- Monitor hiring metrics with the aim of continually improving performance
- Other similar duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree
- Proficiency in spoken and written English; Fluency in Chinese
- 5+ years of high-volume recruiting experience with a strong emphasis on service organizations
- Experience with Jobvite or a similar applicant tracking system
- Exceptional client service
- Strong sense of urgency
- Must be self-directed and willing/able to participate in virtual meetings/calls outside of normal business hours
- Experience recruiting in higher education and/or global recruiting experience
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.