Student Services Advisor – Shorelight Live Beijing, ChinaBeijing, China
Shorelight Education — Student Services Advisor – Shorelight Live
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Student Services Advisor supports Shorelight Live programs, which offer hybrid higher education programs that combine the traditional, immersive U.S. university experience with technology-enabled, in-country, live-lecture learning. The position will facilitate live classes and provide student services through our technology platform as well as support offline activities to build a vibrant student community across various live lecture locations within the region. The role reports to the manager of student services and operations for Shorelight Live.
- Virtually audit live lecture sessions and provide assistance to students and faculty
- Provide administrative, logistical, and technical support to students
- Manage student success by actively monitoring student performance and using predictive metrics to provide student support
- Coordinate with local operations team to provide technical support during live lectures
- Coordinate and support team projects and off-site activities
- Provide program feedback to local team, faculty, and corporate teams
- Plan and write engaging content for the program blog; collaborate with students, faculty, and program staff to develop strategies for content
- Develop student community building initiatives and work on special projects as assigned by management
- Participate in training as necessary
- Provide other student services as needed
- Native proficiency in Mandarin Chinese and professional proficiency in English required (preferably IELTS 7.0, TOEFL 90+)
- Bachelor’s degree and 2+ years of full-time work experience; experience in education industry preferred
- Experience in writing content for websites and social media strongly preferred
- Energetic and motivated professional with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a cross-cultural professional environment preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Ability to work late hours (3pm-11:00pm) during the work week on a regular basis
- Eligibility to work in China without sponsorship
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.