Student Service Advisor 3Chicago, Illinois
UIC Global —Student Services Advisor 3
UIC Global is a partnership between the University of Illinois at Chicago) and Shorelight Education. The mission of the program is to immerse first-year international students in the academic and cultural life of the university, help them integrate into campus life, and provide the support that increases their academic successes and likelihood of obtaining their degrees.
The Student Services Advisor 3 (SSA3) supports all aspects of student services for international students enrolled in UIC Global programs and reports to the Director of Student Services. The SSA3 collaborates with student services leadership to assist in the development of strategies and processes that support students’ academic engagement, social integration, and cross-cultural development in their new academic and social environments.
The SSA3 is a team player who successfully implements and executes support services catered to international students. Strong interpersonal and customer service skills are critical in successfully collaborating with internal and external stakeholders, university administrators, students, and parents.
• Guide, prepare, and motivate students to a successful undergraduate or graduate experience and degree completion
• Deliver exceptional student services, beginning with pre-arrival processes, airport transfers, orientation programming, ongoing student services support, and student acculturation into the university
• Provide mentorship, training, and coaching to support student skill development in areas, including goal setting, strategic planning, cultural competency, problem solving, and interpersonal relationships
• Assist in the development, promotion, and implementation of programs to support student retention and socialization/acculturation; assist in the design and implementation of orientation programming
• Teach or coach first–year transitional programming, workshops, and/or curriculum if applicable
• Responsible for key functions within the student services operations such as new student orientation, housing, etc.
• Manage budget–related expenses for key functions within the student services operation under the direction of the SSM or SSD where applicable
• Supervise student support staff if applicable
• Manage key relationships at the university and at the partnership as assigned by the SSD, which could include International Student Services, Campus Housing, Dining Services, Student Development and Enrollment Services, Office of Student Involvement, Campus Counseling, or Health Services
Data and Technology
• Contribute to student services operations to ensure that systems and procedures are followed and technology is used to streamline systems and procedures; as relevant, assist in the creation of new processes
• Help to coordinate student satisfaction surveys and associated analysis, with an eye toward improving the student experience
• Bachelor’s degree
• 18 months or more in SSA role or student-facing equivalent
• Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
• Master’s degree
• Experience planning and organizing events
• Experience working with international students or customers in an administrative or academic capacity
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Checked Needed – Identity, Education, Criminal