Staff AccountantBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Staff Accountant manages financial operations, accounting, and assists with budget planning for several partnerships. This role includes dotted line responsibility for an Operations Coordinator, Student Accounts staff member on campus. The Staff Accountant is a strategic thinker and problem solver with strong attention to detail and a proven customer service approach in working with others.
- Review, code and reconcile vendor invoices for payment
- Prepare journal entries and month-end reconciliations for balance sheet and income statement accounts
- Help to create and manage partnership Pricebook
- Assist with corporate audit readiness and other projects as assigned
Assist Operations Coordinator, Student Accounts with the following:
- Support the processing of student payments through outside merchant vendors
- Gather student count data for monthly KPI analysis
- Ensure accurate invoicing of students
- Collection of outstanding accounts receivable
- Draft financial statements for management review
- Liaise with Shorelight’s campus Managing Director on budgeting and reforecasting as needed
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting
- Minimum 2 years of experience in Accounting or Finance
- Experience with a CRM system such as Salesforce
- Experience working with accounting software such as NetSuite
- Experience working successfully with non-native English speakers
- Budget and accrual experience
- CPA a plus
- Prior experience with AvidXchange and FloQast a plus
- Proven expertise utilizing Microsoft Office products, primarily Excel
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity, and Credit
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.