Shorelight Education — Vice President, Channel Development
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Vice President, Channel Development, is the sales and marketing leader responsible for the strategy and execution of the growth of Shorelight’s channel sales network. The role leads channel expansion for Shorelight and is accountable for the overall growth and productivity of the network, working together with regional sales and marketing staff to execute the strategy. The role will additionally build and lead a channel development team to drive the focused growth of relevant channels (e.g., agents, high schools, universities, sponsors) in key markets.
This position is based in Boston and directly reports to the Chief Recruitment Officer.
Channel Expansion Planning and Execution
- Develop the roadmap to achieve the organization’s channel expansion goals over the next 3–5 years
- Establish, monitor, and report on goals, milestones, and KPI’s that enable Shorelight to track toward its channel expansion goals
- Partnering with Analytics and regional teams, maintain a high level of market insights and competitive awareness to execute and adapt regional plans to enable strategic growth and development of relevant channels in each region
- Establish priorities, oversee execution, and monitor KPIs and trends, reporting on all phases of channel expansion to senior management, utilizing technology systems
Team Development and Management
- Develop and deploy a resource plan that allows Shorelight to build necessary capacity to achieve its channel expansion goals
- Hire, manage, and lead the global team responsible for executing global and regionalized channel expansion plans
- Establish processes, procedures, and best practices for expanding and developing sales channels to be executed by regional teams
- Establish effective and streamlined systems for all stages of the channel partner journey with Shorelight in collaboration with marketing, technology, and other relevant departments
- Inform the build, key requirements, and continued optimization of Shorelight’s channel platform inclusive of onboarding, training, and nurturing systems that achieve a high level of engagement and continued productivity from Shorelight’s growth channel network (inquiry, application, assessment, offer, acceptance, visa applications, orientation, etc.) with strong focus on conversion of inquiries to applications
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- 10+ years of experience in the international education/recruitment industry
- Strong managerial and leadership skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Demonstrated success in establishing processes and continuously improving upon them
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, strong drive for results, pressure-resilient
- Proficiency with technology and reporting programs/systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
- Ability to travel overseas at least 40% of the time
- Existing network and relationships within the international education industry, strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs and products
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check required – Identity, Education, Criminal
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.