Shorelight Education – Technical Project Coordinator
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Technical Project Coordinator leads projects and teams, ranging in size and complexity, defines appropriate project methodology, and executes technical and engineering projects from initiation to closure. He or she leads scope definition, risk identification, and quality control. This position reports on project status; determines time frames, staffing, and resource requirements; and leads others to make meaningful process improvements. The Technical Project Coordinator manages projects to delivery within scope, on time, and on budget.
- Lead the end-to-end delivery of technology and engineering projects, including planning, assessment, design, development, integration, testing, and deployment of solutions
- Lead or contribute to the development of project definition and scope with applicable stakeholders
- Gather project requirements and document technical specifications
- Create project plans with detailed task distribution and execute projects using Agile to ensure the project is delivered on time and aligned with customer expectations
- Monitor and document project milestones and outcomes throughout the project lifecycle to ensure adherence to established quality standards
- Conduct project team meetings and situational analysis regularly to ensure appropriate communication to all stakeholders
Reporting and Documentation
- Develop presentations, dashboards, reports, and other team- and executive-level project communications and documentation
- Develop, communicate, and implement project risk mitigation plans, complete documentation to effectively monitor risk, and ensure accountability and responsibility
- Develop and implement contingency and recovery plans when deliverables are missed
- Document and communicate project changes, project health, and project status to project team, business owners, and executive sponsors
- Contribute to configuration, troubleshooting, and design work for assigned projects, as needed
- Provide support, training, and augmentations for live projects, if necessary
- BS. degree, preferably a degree in computer science, engineering, or a related subject
- Experience in gathering requirements from stakeholders and documenting requirement specifications
- Experience in planning and executing projects using Agile/Scrum methodology
- Experience conducting user trainings and supporting user acceptance testing to get customer sign-off on the projects
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills to make executive-level presentations to stakeholders and organizational leadership
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- MS. degree, preferable in computer science, engineering, or a related subject
- 3+ years’ experience implementing technology solutions
- Experience working with remote third-party development teams
- Experience in designing and implementing SaaS solutions in a business setting
- Ability to learn and adopt new technologies as well as stay current on existing ones, pursuing experience and certifications in leading-edge or primary technology areas
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.