Shorelight Education – SEO Manager
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The SEO Manager helps to drive organic growth and awareness of Shorelight’s partner university brands and its own digital properties. The ideal candidate is a digital marketing expert who also possess a strong knowledge of search engine optimization (SEO).
- Research and implement SEO recommendations for organic SEO success
- Build link generation campaigns to increase the search authority of Shorelight’s partner university microsites
- Conduct keyword research and on-page targeting across different content pages on microsites
- Partner with external agencies to implement organic search campaigns on Google in countries in which Shorelight operates
- Use latest SEO tools such as BrightEdge and Google Search Console to monitor, analyzeE and optimize traffic, SERP rankings, and customer acquisition metrics
- Create dashboards to monitor performance and guide optimization decisions
- Partner with front-end engineers to develop and implement technical and on-site optimization recommendations
- Assist the Content team with the development of informed content strategies that identify topic areas where Shorelight can make the most impact in increasingly discoverability
- Develop business cases for innovative content strategies that expand Shorelight’s reach beyond its current audiences
- Monitor and evaluate search results and search performance across the major search channels to improve rankings, and create execution plans for link building
- Work closely with regional teams to develop localized strategies for high content performance
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field
- International or global SEO experience
- Experience in best-of-breed link-building tactics and strategy
- Deep understanding of and expert-level experience in SEO
- Experience working for a company in a highly competitive industry
- Strong knowledge of Google’s ranking algorithms, Google webmaster tools, and core SEO principles
- Strong knowledge of Google Marketing products such as Google Analytics, Google Tag Manager, and Google Search Console
- Ability to manage a high-functioning global team
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- Entrepreneurial spirit and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Knowledge and understanding of international search engines such as Naver, Baidu, Yandex
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.