Shorelight Education – Senior Financial Planning Analyst
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
Shorelight Education seeks a Senior Financial Planning Analyst (FP&A) to join our growing Corporate Finance team. The Corporate Finance team is responsible for managing business planning and evaluating investment opportunities. The Senior Financial Planning Analyst will act as a strategic advisor to our leadership team, university partners, and global recruitment network by providing financial input to execute our business strategy. This role will have the unique ability to participate and influence all aspects of the business.
- Monitor financial performance across product & loss (P&L), balance sheet, and cash flow statements and highlight trends across key performance indicators
- Partner with accounting team to execute the monthly close and provide business reporting to department and university leaders to help drive business performance through visibility and accountability
- Provide analytical support to department and university leaders for ongoing initiatives and ad hoc requests
- Build financial models for new business initiatives and work closely with department and university leaders to validate that the return on investments (ROI) of initiatives are in line with strategic expectations
- Lead annual budget and monthly forecasting process for designated business areas
- Build efficient and repeatable processes to improve automation of standardized reporting, including use of business intelligence (BI) tools
- Assist CFO and corporate finance team by creating presentation materials for our board meetings and quarterly business reviews
- Bachelor’s degree in Finance, Economics or Accounting
- 4+ years of experience in Finance or Accounting with increasingly challenging roles
- 2+ years of direct Financial Planning & Analysis experience
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including strong experience with financial modeling and advanced functions and formulas
- Demonstrated ability to build strong relationships and influence business partners
- Ability to think creatively, highly-driven and self-motivated
- Attention to detail and ability to prioritize effectively in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to condense complex analysis into actionable information for business leaders
- Articulate with excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
- Experience with Adaptive Planning
- Experience with Tableau
- Experience with Salesforce
To be considered for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to apply with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.