Shorelight Education — Recruitment Manager, Student RecruitmentGuangzhou City, China
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Recruitment Manager, Student Recruitment, works with Shorelight’s channel partners to assist them in executing a student recruitment strategy across South and West China including Hong Kong markets, targeted at international students seeking a US or UK university degree. The role will include account management of Shorelight’s regional network recruiters, schools and universities, along with building and managing direct-to-student marketing campaigns that drive enrollments to Shorelight’s university partners.
This position is Guangzhou-based and directly reports to the Regional Director, Greater China.
- Execute on Shorelight university partners’ student recruitment strategies, partnering with Shorelight’s Global Marketing Team for all marketing and advertising strategies and collateral
- Manage key channel accounts and partnerships to achieve enrollment targets for all university partnerships
- Maintain a data-driven approach to recruitment, monitoring enrollment trends, and reporting on all phases of recruitment process to the Recruitment Director, utilizing technology systems
- Maintain maximum levels of competitor awareness, product knowledge, and market intelligence
- Travel extensively to attend recruitment and outreach activities, seminars, conferences, meetings, and training events. Build strong and lasting relationships with current and prospective students, families, faculty, staff, agents, partners and other external institutions and vendors.
- Execute on efficient and streamlined processes for all stages of the recruitment process (inquiry, application, assessment, offer, acceptance, visa applications, orientation, etc.) with strong focus on conversion of inquiries to applications
- Work effectively with the university liaisons to ensure smooth entry into the school or program (working with Finance on incoming deposits, tracking of payments, processing of agent contracts and commissions as necessary, assisting with form completion, coordinating arrival transportation for new incoming students, etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in the international education/recruitment industry in China
- Strong sales and account management skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, strong drive for results, pressure-resilient
- Proficiency with technology and reporting programs/systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
- Willingness to travel
- Beneficial to have existing network and relationships within the education industry in China, strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs and products
- Eligibility to work in the hiring location without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- Strong working knowledge of the following languages: English, Mandarin Chinese and Cantonese
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.