Shorelight Education — Recruitment Manager, Student Recruitment, East and Southern AfricaDubai, United Arab Emirates
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
The Recruitment Manager, Student Recruitment, executes a student recruitment strategy across East And Southern Africa that targets international students seeking U.S. university degrees. The role includes servicing the accounts of Shorelight’s regional network of recruiters, schools, and universities; and building and managing direct-to-student marketing campaigns that drive enrollment to Shorelight’s university partners.
This position is based in either Dubai, UAE or located in Key Markets in East and Southern Africa and directly reports to the Senior Recruitment Manager, Africa.
- Support and service key channel accounts and partnerships to achieve enrollment targets for all university partnerships
- Maintain a data-driven approach to recruitment, monitoring enrollment trends using technology systems and reporting on all phases of the recruitment process to the Senior Recruitment Manager
- Work with NGOs, government organizations, and scholarship bodies across the region to execute alternative channel strategy
- Execute school recruitment strategy in the region in collaboration with the International University Alliance
- Maintain maximum levels of competitor awareness, product knowledge, and market intelligence
- Execute Shorelight’s university partners’ student recruitment strategies, partnering with Shorelight’s global marketing team for all marketing and advertising strategies and collateral
- Travel extensively across East and Southern Africa to attend recruitment and outreach activities, seminars, conferences, meetings, and training events to build strong and lasting relationships with current and prospective students, families, faculty, staff, agents, partners, and other external institutions and vendors
- Execute efficient and streamlined processes for all stages of the recruitment process (inquiry, application, assessment, offer, acceptance, visa applications, orientation, etc.), with a strong focus on conversion of inquiries to applications
- Work effectively with university liaisons to ensure smooth entry into the school or program (working with finance offices on incoming deposits, payment tracking, processing of agent contracts and commissions, as necessary; assisting incoming students with form completion; coordinating arrival transportation for new, incoming students; etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree from recognized university, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- Master’s Degree preferred
- 3-5 years of experience in the international education/recruitment industry in Africa
- Strong sales and account management skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, with strong drive for results
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and to maintain a pressure-resilient mindset
- Proficient with technology and reporting programs/systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
- Willingness to travel 3 -5 months annually
- Existing network and relationships within the education industry in Africa and strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs, and products are pluses
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.