Shorelight Education – Marketing Automation Manager: B2BBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Marketing Automation Manager: B2B crafts and implements marketing automation solutions to support the global B2B customer journey. He or she is a key member of the team tasked with scaling Shorelight’s B2B marketing initiatives.
With the goal of creating an optimized customer experience, the Marketing Automation Manager drives strategy for lead capture and nurture, as well as collects the data and shares insights needed to constantly evolve our approach. With a creative mind and a deep understanding of marketing technology, this individual crafts campaigns that engage and convert our customers.
The Marketing Automation Manager is a core member of the growing marketing operations team. He or she collaborates with teammates to share skills and learn from others, with the ultimate goal of creating a marketing automation center of excellence that supports all of Shorelight. The Marketing Automation Manager is a strategic lead as well as a doer who leads brainstorming sessions about how to utilize automation to improve experience at key touch points, finds vendors to fill resource gaps, and rolls up his or her sleeves to build an email engagement report.
- Drive and manage full-funnel automated nurture strategy through collaboration with channel marketing, creative teams, sales, and engineering
- Develop audience segmentation, including lifecycle stages and personas
- Collaborate with key stakeholders during initial planning phases, development, content creation, and launch, with the goal of creating an automation roadmap for achieving success
- Conceptualize and manage robust campaigns based on lead generation efforts, lead behavior and engagement, key markets and personas
- Monitor, analyze, report on campaign results and ROI; implement steps to increase engagement and boost conversion
- Use data (including A/B test results) to improve nurture cadence, content engagement, landing page optimization, and lead generation efforts
- Support the department goal of clean data, ensuring diligent adherence to data capture best practices
- Educate marketing and the wider company about marketing automation capabilities and the team’s role in enhancing the customer journey
- Activate and manage agency and contractor resources needed to achieve key initiatives or support production needs
- Understand needs of regional markets and sales, providing solutions that work for their unique customers
- Marketo Certified Expert (current certification)
- Deep understanding of segmentation
- Ability to read from and write technical documentation of complex campaigns
- Experience optimizing campaigns through A/B and other testing methods, analysis and continuous improvement process
- Experience in establishing and scaling B2B marketing efforts
- Experience supporting a global company
- Experience with CRM system, preferably Salesforce
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent organizational skills with the ability to work on multiple projects based on priorities and deadlines
- Effective written and verbal communication skills that enable translating complex data into productive discussions and effective presentations
- Strong interpersonal and problem-solving skills; attention to detail and curiosity to want to know how things work
- Eager to work in a collaborative and results-oriented team environment
- Ability to work independently to achieve set goals in a fast-paced environment (and knowing when to ask for guidance)
- Ability to travel and work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience with Google Analytics
- Experience with BI tools, preferably Tableau
- Experience with work in China and South Asia
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Needed – Identity, Education, Criminal
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.