Shorelight Education — Director, Live Technical Operations2 Locations
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Director, Live Technical Operations, supports Shorelight Live, which offers immersive distance learning programs through technology-enabled, in-country, live-lecture learning. The Director is responsible for the end-to-end technical operations of Shorelight Live’s global network of smart classrooms and studios, including new site implementation, daily studio and classroom technical operations and support, maintenance and updates, and disaster recovery protocols. The Director also oversees projects while establishing and managing vendor relationships across multiple domestic and international partnerships. Reporting to the General Manager, the Director works closely with the technology function, collaborating with other departments to ensure high-quality and timely roll-out of new projects as well as the optimization of existing live lecture processes.
- Develop a scaled process to build new smart classrooms and smart studios with a focus on resilience, simplicity, and consistency
- Perform technical and logistical site evaluations for new classroom and studio locations
- Be available for up to 50% domestic and international travel with minimal advanced notice
- Work with the engineering team to refine bill of materials for classroom and studio technology hardware and make regional and product version-related adjustments as necessary
- Manage existing technical vendors and identify new integration partners across several international locations; negotiate vendor contracts
- Manage global inventory of classroom and studio hardware, and identify opportunities to optimize the procurement and site delivery process
- Develop and maintain classroom technical support strategies and protocols, including network, software, and hardware support
- Coordinate and manage releases of new hardware and software, including deployment of approved features and evidence of proper release protocols
- Manage a team of regional technical specialists and train regional staff to successfully operate classrooms
- Develop and document business and service continuity protocols for the product and train appropriate staff
- Develop and deliver technical support KPIs for classrooms and studios
- Create monthly technology performance reports
- Collaborate with engineering and product teams to contribute to overall product roadmap; identify opportunities for feature optimization and performance stability
- Prepare monthly technical performance reports for all sites
- Represent the product in business development meetings, recruitment events, conferences, etc.
- Perform other job-related duties as assigned by management
- Bachelor’s degree and at least 5 years of IT management experience (director level or above)
- Excellent analytical and written and oral communications skills
- Excellent project management skills
- Ability to prepare technical documentation to support established objectives consistent with generally recognized standards
- Strong technical background
- Energetic and motivated professional with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Eligibility to work in the United States without sponsorship
- Experience working with AV technology
- Familiarity using a CRM system such as Salesforce
- Experience working with subcontractors and vendors in nondomestic commercial construction
- Experience working in a cross-cultural professional environment
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Identity, Education, Criminal
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.