Shorelight Education — Desktop Support SpecialistBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Desktop Support Specialist delivers direct, end-to-end technology support to Shorelight employees while providing excellent levels of service and support to the Shorelight community. This position acts as the first-line technical support contact for the Boston headquarters. The Desktop Support Specialist works closely with Human Resources to ensure that laptops and onboardings are provisioned, scheduled, and delivered with 100% accuracy. In addition, this individual maintains laptop images and service contracts.
- Actively monitor onboarding pipeline and ticket queues, and ensure that all requests are handled in accordance with Shorelight’s service delivery standards
- Escalate tickets proactively to responsible senior team members or specialists
- Follow up with other IT groups (software, infrastructure, etc.) to resolve issues and gather information
- Escalate issues to management as needed
- Display the following characteristics of a high-quality service organization: reliability, responsiveness, competence, accessibility, professionalism, credibility, timely communication, understanding of users’ needs, and production of tangible results
- Document and communicate current issues to team members and management
- Contribute to Help Desk process documentation regularly
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT issues via phone, Web, and in-person channels
- Communicate regularly with Shorelight employees to ensure that they understand how to access and request various IT services
- Maintain and develop strong technical expertise in key technologies in use within Shorelight, which includes areas such as operating systems, browsers, voice and data networking, Bluejeans, Outlook email client, Office 365, Okta, and the like
- Maintain familiarity with current and upcoming technology trends in mobile, desktop OS, etc.
- Demonstrate initiative in recommending enhancements and improvements to the IT infrastructure
- Provide high-quality, consistent service levels to Shorelight employees and customers, which may require providing support outside of normal business hours and participation in an on-call rotation
- Demonstrate high degrees of skill and tact in the areas of teamwork and interpersonal relationships, including highly effective oral, written, and listening communication skills
- Demonstrate strong skills in cross-functional teamwork and influencing skills
- Operate autonomously to resolve issues and judge appropriate escalation points
- Work effectively with all levels of employees within the company
- Help maintain a current inventory/asset system of all computer hardware and software
- Assume other accountabilities and duties as required
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science, information technology, or related field required
- 2–4 years of experience in IT or a related field, with a strong background in operating systems, desktop support, security, networking, system administration, programming and scripting, and other IT technology areas
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Deep familiarity with Windows 10 and Mac OSX operating systems as well as a broad suite of cloud-based and SAAS applications in a business environment
- Strong technical, multitasking, and interpersonal skills
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.