Shorelight Education — Communications InternBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
Shorelight Education is looking for an energetic and passionate communications intern to assist with day-to-day activities that support our organization’s strategic communications plan.
- Research media and press opportunities at the local, national and international levels
- Manage and update Shorelight’s master media contact list
- Develop press releases crafting angles specific to the media outlet/reporter
- Write copy for web, social media, and other forms of external communication
- Assist with website and social media monthly reporting
- Contribute and collaborate with communications team to share ideas and receive feedback
- Assist with administrative duties
- Comply with Shorelight Written Information Security Policy, and all other Shorelight Information Security Policies and Procedures
- Take responsibility for any Shorelight assets assigned to you
- Promptly report any security events, incidents or weaknesses to Shorelight Security
- Completed or working toward a college degree, preferably in a related field (e.g., English, Marketing/Communications, or Public Relations)
- Excellent written communication skills
- Strong creativity
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team
- Strong attention to detail
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required – Identity, Education, Criminal
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.