Shorelight Education — Business AnalystBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Business Analyst is a technology-savvy professional who bridges the gap between business departments and technical teams at Shorelight Education. The Business Analyst needs to apply his or her knowledge of Requirements Definition and Project Coordination as it relates to both defined IT projects and ongoing Business-As-Usual Agile Sprints.
The ideal candidate is a problem solver with a technical background or degree who is able to ensure that business needs are met and properly documented. He or she brings an understanding of several documentation strategies to help teams create materials such as flow diagrams, process documents, and user stories. This individual also uses his or her experience on project teams to assist the Project Manager, or to act independently when needed, to coordinate project tasks and track delivery dates.
The candidate must be comfortable with multitasking and changing priorities as this role handles several projects at a time, and priorities must shift as needed.
- Create documentation that builds on a growing library of process and technical documents by applying the appropriate level of detail for the task at hand
- Apply sound judgment, based on past professional experiences, to create material that is appropriate and meaningful for the defined audience using standard toolsets such as Confluence, JIRA, UI mockup tools, MSWord, Visio, and Excel
- As needed, act as Project Coordinator, partnering with third-party vendors to drive project decisions and track small to medium projects to targeted deadlines
- Gain a common understanding of Shorelight’s IT systems to identify problems and propose solutions through collaboration with technical resources
- Work across business functions to elicit requirements and clarify gaps in current systems
- Develop comprehensive user stories and logical design diagrams and manage backlog to engage development teams in addressing identified needs; mock up, review, and validate associated user interface designs
- Bachelor’s degree in business administration, computer science, or related discipline
- 3-5 years of work experience in rapid growth businesses that strategically leverage technology
- Prior job experience working within an Agile Development environment
- Salesforce experience required; Salesforce certifications are a plus
- Working knowledge of Software-As-a-Service applications such as Salesforce, NetSuite, CRMs, ERPs, and/or other enterprise IT systems
- Experience with requirements and tracking tools such as Confluence and JIRA a plus
- Experience in process improvement principles such as Lean and Six-Sigma is desired
- Self-motivated and action oriented, with a demonstrated track record of pursuing work with energy, drive, and a strong accomplishment orientation
- Proven record for actively soliciting feedback, continuous learning, and self-development
- Ability to negotiate and build alignment among competing parties, ultimately driving teams to decision
- Experience leading meetings with vendors and geographically dispersed teams
- Demonstrated track record for achieving positive, concrete results contributing to business and IT success
- Ability to think logically, critically, and constructively about complex problems, clearly communicate findings of analysis, and propose solutions that address expressed needs
- Exceptional interpersonal skills; able to build strong and successful long-term working relationships at all levels; strong ability to achieve objectives by working with others
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (reading, writing, listening, oral, presentation); capable of addressing both technical and non-technical audiences at a variety of organizational levels
- Ability to travel as required
- Eligibility to work and travel in the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.