Shorelight Education — Application Support AnalystBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Application Support Analyst provides Tier 2 support and system administration, with specific focus on Shorelight’s finance and marketing applications (NetSuite, Marketo, etc.), and shares the responsibility for the performance, reliability, and optimization for all areas of assigned applications. The Application Support Analyst functions as the IT system owner for all platforms. He or she works closely with departmental stakeholders; develops a high level of expertise, including data sources and external inputs and integrations; and partners with development, quality assurance, and security teams to execute on business and audit requirements. In addition, the Application Support Analyst develops and creates formal documentation, including capacity and growth management, configuration management, and regular reporting on system performance and health.
- Provide system administration and development support for SAAS financial, marketing, and intranet platforms
- Perform system security audits and work closely with Security Department to maintain compliance
- Operate within Agile/Scrum framework(s) to assist development team in translating business requirements
- Possess functional and technical understanding of assigned applications to support bug fixes, upgrades and content creation, and other project support functions
- Perform incident troubleshooting, analysis, and diagnosis based on symptoms, existing knowledge base, review of code, technical process flow, inputs, etc., of assigned applications
- Assist developers in identifying and resolving application- or process-related defects or issues to ensure that incidents and development requests are appropriately logged in Jira/Confluence
- Provide implementation support, including but not limited to code deployment and feature verification
- Assist with Root Cause Analysis (RCA) efforts (prioritize problems, identify and validate RCA) and, if needed, document and identify work-arounds
- Assist in the development and facilitate continuous monitoring of core systems, processes, and integrations
- Proactively research and escalate any abnormalities to mitigate system issues and/or downtime
- BA/BS degree in computer science and/or related work experience
- 5+ years of experience, preferably in Tier 1/2 System Support or development
- Strong analytical and logical thinking skills
- Knowledge of NetSuite, Marketo, Salesforce, and Microsoft Office 365
- Experience writing technical specifications
- Excellent verbal communication, written communication, and presentation skills
- Deep familiarity with Windows 10 and Mac OSX operating systems as well as a broad suite of cloud-based and SAAS applications in a business environment
- Strong technical, multitasking, and interpersonal skills
- Eligibility to work in, and travel freely to and from, the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.