Shanghai Based China Admissions OfficerShanghai, China
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
The Admissions Officer manages inbound applications to our partner universities. The Admissions Officer reports to the Admissions Manager and assists with the communication between Shorelight representatives in the field and the central Admissions office. The Admissions Officer must be a self-directed individual with excellent problem-solving, communication, and detail-orientation skills.
- Receive and initially process applications from the regional team in China
- Organize and deliver files under the direction of the Central Admissions office
- Input data into the Shorelight CRM
- Communicate directly with Shorelight representatives and agents when needed to complete application files
- Other duties as directed by the Admissions Manager
- Comply with Shorelight Written Information Security Policy, and all other Shorelight Information Security Policies and Procedures
- Take responsibility for any Shorelight assets assigned to you
- Promptly report any security events, incidents or weaknesses to Shorelight Security
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in international education-related field
- 2+ years of experience with the Chinese educational system
- Excellent English skills, including writing and speaking
- Experience and familiarity with the broad spectrum of educational models in China
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and leading process
- Ability to think independently, thoroughly, and critically in fast-paced contexts
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders from local, national, and international constituencies
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, work collegially, and inspire others to high levels of performance
- Proficiency with Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Office, Salesforce, and cloud computing
- Strong working knowledge of Mandarin Chinese
- Ability to work in the hiring location without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.