Senior Manager, Student Services and Implementation2 Locations
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Senior Manager, Student Services and Implementation (SMSSI) supports university partnerships and the international programs they offer. The SMSSI supports the Director of Partner Operations and Implementation (DPOI) in building all on-the-ground operations, student services, and infrastructure as part of university/Shorelight partnerships international programs. The SMSSI is a critical player on the implementation team participating in discussions with university partners, supporting day-to-day operations, and liaising with colleagues on the Shorelight Education Corporate team.
The Senior Manager, Student Services and Implementation (SMSSI) is a skilled team player who effectively supports the establishment of innovative educational ventures including accountability for all start-up and continuity details. The main responsibility of the SMSSI is to support the DPOI in building agreed-upon services and concepts with the partnership, specifically managing the development of SSOI and tracking all elements of student services. The SMSSI assists the DPOI with university relationships and leads support for the Student Services Pathways team members (Student Services Directors, Student Services Advisors, Student Orientation Leaders, and Peer Mentors) in their initial training and onboarding. The SMSSI is a strategic thinker with the capacity to see the big picture and attend to the details.
Implementation and Launch Readiness
- Overall responsibility for supporting the implementation of international programs by establishing a framework for operations, programs, and services including overall responsibility for developing student services and the student experience
- Initial student pre-arrival planning and orientation development before the hire of Student Services staff at the partnership; thereafter, serve as primary support for the campus teams in planning for the initial student arrival
- Devise student success strategies in collaboration with university partners so they are set-up to retain students and guide, prepare, and motivate them to degree completion
- Prepare and lead trainings to answer all key questions surrounding student life for market launches
- Oversee operations including ensuring systems and procedures are established and that all programs on-the-ground teams have consistent operational practices
- Foster strong relationships with high level university team members, applying a collaborative and flexible approach
- Liaise with key Shorelight contacts on cross-functional launch essential tasks, ensuring commitment and timely execution of deliverables for market launch.
- Ensure that each program adheres to the high standards of Shorelight and the partner universities and work to continuously improve the programs
- Provide oversight for the Shorelight marketing team on all pre-arrival communication for the initial intake
- Bachelor’s Degree
- 3+ years’ experience in higher education management with strong communication skills
- Proven ability to recruit, lead, motivate, coach, develop, and retain top student support staff
- Record of leadership delivering exceptional student experience and meeting operational objectives
- Understanding of student support services for international students
- Problem solving, decision-making, and creative thinking abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Experience working with project management software
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the USA
- 25-50% travel (primarily domestic with limited international)
- Master’s Degree
- Experience working with international students in an administrative or academic capacity
- Experience using CRMs or Student Information databases, Salesforce a plus