Senior Director of Global Sales and Operations, Professional StudiesBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Senior Director of Global Sales and Operations, Professional Studies, drives revenue for Shorelight Live’s Professional Studies programs. Through the development and implementation of a dynamic go-to-market strategy for new products and regions, the Senior Director nurtures profitable and sustainable partnerships. Reporting to the General Manager, Shorelight Live, the Senior Director creates and manages a pipeline of qualified possible partners with the goal of activating several new partnerships per year.
This cross-functional role works collaboratively with the global recruitment, admissions, marketing, inside sales, legal, finance, and engineering teams to provide an optimized experience to students seeking nondegree, professional certificates.
- Build and implement a sales methodology process for Live Professional Studies programs across multiple regions, primarily in Asia, supported by strong market research
- Develop and implement a dynamic marketing plan and corresponding budget, including key hires, digital and offline marketing campaigns, and B2B partnerships
- Lead business development conversations with university partners, global institutions, corporations, and recruitment agents to build a dynamic pipeline of qualified potential partners
- Negotiate, structure, and close partnerships contracts delivering against company goals
- Recruit and manage a team of dedicated in-country sales professionals
- Build collaborative, cross-functional relationships within Shorelight to leverage existing infrastructure and resources to support revenue generation efforts
- Partner with global solutions, legal, and partner operations teams to structure and evaluate new and existing contracts and financial models
- Establish, track, and report on key performance indicators
- Serve as subject-matter expert for the product and market space
- Bachelor’s degree in Business Administration or similar
- 7+ years in B2B sales and strategic partnerships with experience managing and scaling global sales teams
- Experience working with sales methodologies, pipeline management, and forecasting tools
- Executive presence with excellent oral and written communication skills
- Unparalleled client relationship–building skills
- Able to travel up to 40% of the time domestic and internationally
- Adept at building and leveraging relationships within a larger organization
- Demonstrated success with entrepreneurial approach to building and managing global sales operations
- Superior analytical and quantitative skills
- Advanced degree, preferably in Business Administration
- Experience managing global sales teams in higher and continuing education settings
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer