Relationship ManagerBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Relationship Manager, Sponsor Operations (MSO), develops and executes all sponsored student operations that drive bookings, arrivals, and campus success. The MSO works closely with Admissions, Recruitment, Enrollment Services, Campus Operations, IT, and Shorelight’s global recruitment training team to ensure maximum NSEs and retentions. Measures of success for this role include the ability to generate and implement technology-focused operational solutions, support for and success of the recruitment team in their generation of NSEs, and systemic improvements to our IT systems to maintain Shorelight’s above-average retention record. The position directly reports to the Director of Global Sponsor Relations, with a dotted line to the Vice President, Enrollment Management.
- Lead and implement the strategy for enrollment management processes as they relate to the sponsored student population across Shorelight partners
- Track and analyze application and admissions data to identify trends and operationalize solutions
- Act as the point person to navigate and resolve sponsored student specific roadblocks at the top of the admissions funnel
- Develop and implement Enrollment Services strategies and policies as they relate to the unique needs of sponsored students
- Demonstrate expertise on sponsored students throughout the admissions and enrollment services pipeline
- Co-chair the Sponsored Student Steering Committee as it relates to sponsored student operations
- Collaborate with the Director of Global Sponsor Relations to maintain best practices for on-campus social and religious accommodations
- Oversee biweekly meetings with the designated sponsored student team leads to update on relevant changes and information about sponsored student policies as they affect campus partners
- Provide support to admissions as a bridge to recruitment, actioning detailed clarifications and follow up for individual students
- Expand and implement sponsor orientation programs on a semesterly basis across all partners, including arrival support as needed
- Partner with Shorelight’s global marketing team in producing all marketing materials relevant to sponsored students
- Provide daily support for sponsored student team leads and sponsored student directors
- Oversee the auditing and Salesforce optimization of academic study plans for sponsored students
- Develop current systems to support academic reporting for sponsored students
- Advocate for sponsored students in the development of new Salesforce processes
- Develop, build, and implement accurate sponsored tracking using Salesforce and Tableau to ensure clear visibility throughout the sponsored student pipeline to all stakeholders
- Maintain data accuracy and accessibility
- Maintain maximum levels of competitor awareness, product knowledge, and market intelligence
- Train new and existing hires on all aspects of sponsored student recruitment and retention
- Analyze data to provide ongoing weekly updates, reports, and forecasts to the recruitment team
- Be the point of information and clarity on all sponsored student recruitment process questions
- Liaise between recruitment and campus as relates to NSEs
- Develop or update memorandum of understanding with sponsoring bodies to receive sponsorship approval
- Liaise with sponsoring bodies and academic advisors to continue to build relationships
- Continually advocate recruitment by developing operations and policies that successfully recruit sponsored students
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years experience working in the field of sponsors with international students
- Demonstrated communication ability with external sponsoring organizations, attainment of goals and development of relationships
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including ability to work in an autonomous environment and lead strategic discussions and presentations
- Experience recruiting, leading, motivating, and retaining staff
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Excellent time management, project management, prioritization and organizational skills
- Results focus and strong management skills with the flexibility to handle multiple tasks
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and a cover letter.
Background check required – Education, Criminal, Identity.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.