Regional Marketing Manager, U.S. OnshoreBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Regional Marketing Manager, U.S Onshore, leads the marketing execution campaigns by planning and implementing highly localized direct-to-student demand generation campaigns targeted at the onshore international student population, to drive student enrollments to Shorelight’s university partners. This dynamic individual is a data-driven inbound marketer who owns the majority of the consumer marketing funnel for the region. The Regional Marketing Manager is responsible for attracting site traffic, converting that traffic into new leads for the business, and nurturing those leads into student enrollments.
The Regional Marketing Manager is a creative thinker and doer with independent judgment who uses data to devise marketing plans and manages the execution of these plans with a team of support staff and vendors. The individual in this role must think independently, thoroughly, and critically in fast-paced contexts. He or she must also be able to collaborate with stakeholders from local, national, and international constituencies, and have excellent communication skills.
The Regional Marketing Manager works closely with the wider marketing team to develop a localized marketing strategy to drive recruitment of international students from the United States. The position reports to the VP of Direct Marketing.
- Craft and execute an optimal paid marketing strategy in partnership with the Global Lead Gen Team, involving SEM, digital display, paid social (Facebook and international social media), and partnerships with local media and publisher networks
- Build and manage a rich content/editorial calendar that attracts a qualified audience to our digital properties, including websites and social media accounts
- Grow the number of new and marketing qualified leads by converting site traffic through calls-to-action, landing pages, and lead generation content
- Optimize our marketing automation and lead nurturing processes through email, content, social channels, and analytics
- Work with our inside sales team on follow-up with the marketing qualified leads
- Continually coordinate with the regional inside sales team and sales leadership throughout the lead lifecycle on tactics to increase student engagement and progression
- Collaborate with the inside sales team to achieve the shared regional conversion goals
- Manage funnel progression to ensure that leads are converting into applications and further converting into enrollments
- Establish closed-loop analytics to understand how our inbound marketing activity turns into customers and continually refine our process to convert customers
- Build, manage, segment, and analyze email lists and campaigns, including the design templates, calls-to-action, and content used in email sends
- Conduct in-country events for applicants, offer holders, and hot leads to convert them into enrollments
- Work with the marketing team to develop localized marketing plans, digital assets, and tools to drive enrollments
- Develop medium-term and annual marketing plans
- Build, monitor, and report on marketing budget for the region
- Ensure digital marketing assets are customized and localized, including translation (where necessary), attention to cultural sensitivities, and appropriate placement in regional media and social media
- Utilize third-party vendors for technical expertise and manage these relationships
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- 5+ years of tactical marketing experience with a strong digital market focus
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, and other local media platforms
- Experience with Web analytics, A/B testing, and inbound marketing tactics
- Experience in developing and implementing high-level marketing plans, and past experience in meeting or exceeding targets within the marketing funnel
- Ability to travel as needed to work with key agents or feeder schools in developing messaging and look and feel of marketing materials
- Eligible to work in the hiring location without sponsorship
- Experience in higher education marketing/sales
- Proficiency with marketing automation, converting visitors into leads, and then nurturing them (using dynamic workflows) into applicants
- Experience working in specific campaigns that drive toward sales conversions
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.