Regional Marketing Director – ChinaShanghai, China
Regional Marketing Director – China
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
Shorelight Education is seeking a dynamic individual to lead the marketing strategy, planning and execution for the mainland China market. The Regional Marketing Director reports to the General Manager – Asia and will develop and implement a comprehensive marketing strategy targeted at building brand recognition of Shorelight’s university partners in mainland China to drive interest and enrollments from students seeking educational experiences in the U.S. This position will work closely with our university partners, Shorelight’s global management team, and Shorelight’s China-based recruitment teams to develop the marketing plan and support the recruitment of Chinese students through B2B partnerships with education agencies and direct student enrollment.
The Regional Marketing Director will be a creative thinker and doer with independent judgment, who will develop high quality and innovative marketing campaigns and initiatives across multiple channels and platforms. Working with the Senior Regional Director of Recruitment – China, the General Manager – Asia, and the Chief Marketing Officer, this person will work cross-departmentally to execute specific regional marketing objectives to support the achievement of regional enrollment targets. This person will manage a China-based, multi-city and multi-channel marketing team to execute on-brand and strategically aligned product marketing campaigns and initiatives throughout mainland China.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Develop and execute comprehensive marketing plan to drive student enrollments across undergraduate and graduate university programs for the China market to support enrollment goals
- Build high-level, strategic and individualized strategies for each product throughout Mainland China, encompassing both education agent B2B priorities and direct B2C enrollment
- Execute marketing campaigns across print, digital, social media, and third-party partnerships, with a specific focus on B2B sales collateral creation and student lead generation through SEO, SEM, and digital advertising
- Grow university brands’ digital presence, increase organic traffic, and build multi-part engagement campaigns to generate leads and improve conversion rates at all points of the funnel
- Ensure all university sales materials are properly branded and localized including translation, accurate product information, and attention to cultural sensitivities to ensure high-quality, impactful sales collateral for China recruitment team and our partners
- Ensure that on-going training, support, and detailed product knowledge is being provided to internal and external recruitment providers and external marketing firms
- Manage suite of third-party vendors for technical expertise and expansion of marketing capabilities
- Provide in-depth feedback loop, regional insights and analytics to Boston leadership and program and university partner leadership
- Brand the universities for international audiences and ensure that accurate information about programs, requirements, and admissions processes are communicated to potential applicants
- 10+ years’ tactical marketing experience preferably within international education or higher education
- Experience developing and implementing a high-level marketing plan and managing an annual budget in China, preferably one marketing directly to consumers through an integrated online and offline campaign
- Extensive experience managing a multi-functioning and integrated marketing team, B2B marketing, event planning, print collateral, and digital marketing campaigns
- Ability to think independently, thoroughly and critically in fast-paced contexts
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders from local, national, and international constituencies
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, work collegially, and inspire others to high levels of performance
- Strong knowledge of Chinese social media, with a strong focus on WeChat, Weibo, Baidu, and other important social platforms
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- Experience living, working, or studying outside of China, ideally the U.S.
- Native fluency in Mandarin Chinese required
- Working fluency in English required
Interested candidates should submit their resumes and cover letters to email@example.com
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer