Recruitment Manager, Student Recruitment, North ChinaBeijing, China
Recruitment Manager, Student Recruitment
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
Shorelight Education is seeking to hire a Recruitment Manager to execute a student recruitment strategy across North China targeted at international students seeking a US or UK university degree. The role includes account management of Shorelight’s country or regional network of recruiters, schools, and universities along with building and managing direct-to-student marketing campaigns that drive enrollments to Shorelight’s university partners.
This position is based in Beijing, and directly reports to the Senior Director, Student Recruitment, China & North Asia.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Executing Shorelight’s university partner’s student recruitment strategies, partnering with Shorelight’s Global Marketing Team for all marketing and advertising strategies and collateral
- Managing key channel accounts and partnerships to achieve enrollment targets for all university partnerships
- Maintaining a data-driven approach to recruitment, monitoring enrollment trends, and reporting on all phases of the recruitment process to Regional Directors, using technology systems
- Maintaining maximum levels of competitor awareness, product knowledge, and market intelligence
- Traveling extensively to attend recruitment and outreach activities, seminars, conferences, meetings, and training events in order to build strong and lasting relationships with current and prospective students, families, faculty, staff, agents, partners, and other external institutions and vendors
- Executing on efficient and streamlined processes for all stages of the recruitment process (inquiry, application, assessment, offer, acceptance, visa applications, orientation, etc.) with strong focus on conversion of inquiries to applications
- Working effectively with the university liaisons to ensure smooth entry into the school or program (working with finance offices on incoming deposits, tracking of payments, processing of agent contracts and commissions, as necessary; assisting incoming students with form completion; coordinating arrival transportation for new, incoming students; etc.)
- 5+ years of experience in the international education/recruitment industry in mainland of North China
- Strong sales and account management skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, with a strong drive for results, and pressure-resilient
- Proficient with technology and reporting programs/systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
- Willingness to travel
- Existing network and relationships within the education industry in North China, and strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs and products, are pluses
- Eligibility to work in the hiring location without sponsorship
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- Strong working knowledge of the following languages: English and Mandarin.
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter or send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.