Recruitment Manager, Shorelight LIVE, China
Recruitment Manager, Shorelight LIVE
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
Shorelight Education is seeking to hire a Recruitment Manager (RM) to lead a student recruitment strategy across China targeted at students seeking a US post-graduate university degree or graduate or professional certificate program. The students will be enrolling to take all or part of their degree/program at a Shorelight LIVE Global Study Center (GSC) located at one of a number of leading Chinese universities (eg Shanghai Jiao Tong University) or professional training institutions (eg New Oriental). The Recruitment Manager will report directly to the Senior Regional Director, Greater China. The person will maximize student tuition revenue through account management of Shorelight’s country and regional network recruiters (Agents), universities, GCS host partners, along with building and managing direct-to-student marketing campaigns that drive enrollments to Shorelight LIVE Global Study Center run programs.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- In collaboration with China Recruitment Managers, manage key channel accounts (especially the host partners of the Global Study Centers) and partnerships in China to achieve enrollment targets for Shorelight LIVE programs (eg University of Massachusetts master’s degree programs)
- Contribute to, and execute on, Shorelight LIVE university partner’s student recruitment strategies
- Organizing mock-classroom demos over the LIVE platform for channel partners and US content partners
- Be the Shorelight LIVE internal evangelist across Chinese sales and marketing organizations, lead and execute LIVE program new product launch.
- Work effectively with the university liaisons to ensure smooth entry into the school or program, maintain regular contact communication with live program campus/HQ team to make sure market needs to be heard and supported
- Maintain a data-driven approach to recruitment, monitoring enrollment trends and reporting on all phases of recruitment process to the Senior Regional Director, Greater China utilizing technology systems
- Maintain maximum levels of competitor awareness, product knowledge, and market intelligence
- Travel extensively to attend recruitment and outreach activities, seminars, conferences, meetings and training events. Build strong and lasting relationships with current and prospective students, families, faculty, staff, agents, partners and other external institutions and vendors
- Work closely with regional recruitment, admissions, enrolment services and campus teams to ensure an efficient and streamlined LIVE recruitment process
- Partner with Regional Managers to ensure the process of LIVE program contract, commissions, bonuses and training are designed and implemented.
- 5+ years of experience in the international education/recruitment industry in China
- Strong sales and account management skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, strong drive for results, pressure-resilient
- Proficiency with CRM technology and reporting programs/systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a team based customer service ethic
- Willingness and ability to travel both throughout China and the USA as required
- Beneficial to have existing network and relationships within the education industry across China, strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs and products – especially in the online degrees and certificates sector
- Experience in organizing pre- departure events and product launches
- Eligibility to work in the hiring location without sponsorship
- Local language proficiency would be advantageous
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter or send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.