Recruitment Manager, MalaysiaKuala Lumpur, Malaysia
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Recruitment Manager, Student Recruitment, assists in executing a student recruitment strategy across Malaysia, Singapore, Brunei & Philippines that targets international students seeking U.S. university degrees. The role includes the development and account management of Shorelight’s regional network of recruiters, schools, and universities along with contributing to direct-to-student marketing campaigns that drive enrollments to Shorelight’s university partners. This role also works 30% of the time with the Regional Director and the Regional Teams to ensure communication across the region, and coordinate recruitment events, visitors in market, and other activities.
This position is based in Kuala Lumpur and directly reports to the Senior Recruitment Manager, Southeast Asia.
- Execute Shorelight university partners’ student recruitment strategies, partnering with Recruitment Managers as well as Shorelight’s global marketing team for all marketing and advertising strategies and collateral
- Help manage key channel accounts and partnerships to achieve enrollment targets for all university partnerships
- Maintain a data-driven approach to recruitment, monitoring enrollment trends and reporting on all phases of recruitment process to the Regional Director and Senior Recruitment Manager, utilizing technology systems
- Maintain maximum levels of competitor awareness, product knowledge, and market intelligence
- Travel extensively to attend recruitment and outreach activities, seminars, conferences, meetings, and training events to build strong and lasting relationships with current and prospective students, families, faculty, staff, agents, partners, and other external institutions and vendors
- Execute efficient and streamlined processes for all stages of the recruitment process (inquiry, application, assessment, offer, acceptance, visa applications, orientation, etc.) with strong focus on converting inquiries to applications
- Work effectively with the university liaisons to ensure smooth entry into the school or program (working with Finance offices on incoming deposits, tracking of payments, processing of agent contracts and commissions, as necessary; assisting with form completion; coordinating arrival transportation for new incoming students; etc.)
- Assist the wider Southeast Asia team with coordinating events in region and help maintain the master sheet of all recruitment events in the region, coordinating visitors from overseas into Southeast Asia
- Work with the Regional Director and Senior Recruitment Manager to generate reports to provide management the full picture of how the region is tracking
- Responsible for vetting and distributing the leads generated by D2C campaigns in the wider region
- Responsible for working with the local Admissions Officer and updating the conversion SmartSheet
- Responsible for working with the local enrollment services advisor to boost student conversion rates post application
- Coordinating familiarization trips with HQ on behalf of the region
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- 3+ years of experience in the international education/recruitment industry in Malaysia and Southeast Asia
- Strong sales and account management skills
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, with strong drive for results
- Ability to work successfully in a fast-paced environment while remaining pressure-resilient
- Proficiency with technology and reporting programs/systems
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
- Willingness to travel
- Beneficial to have existing network and relationships within the education industry in Malaysia, Singapore and Southeast Asia; strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs, and products; and U.S. higher education experience are all pluses
- Experience in digital marketing and/or knowledge of the Malaysia blogging community preferred
- Eligibility to work in the hiring location without sponsorship
- Strong working knowledge of the following languages: English
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.