Product ManagerBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Product Management department lies at the center of all organizational disciplines: partner operations, implementation, admissions, finance, engineering, regional recruitment, product sales, global sales, analytics, and marketing. Product Management works cross-functionally to develop and deliver new and optimized products for prospective and existing students, partnerships, and channel partners to drive double-digit topline growth.
The Product Manager is a motivated and innovative individual who supports program and product development for the undergraduate (UG) portfolio, which represents a significant share of Shorelight’s revenue. Key responsibilities include developing opportunity assessments and total addressable market (TAM) sizing, analyzing competitive data, developing product requirements, serving as the conduit between headquarters and regional offices, and bringing new products/programs to market. This position reports to the Senior Director of Product Management for Undergraduate Products.
- Opportunity Assessments: Assist in development of TAM, net bookings and revenue forecasts, return on investment (ROI), and overall business impact as part of early stages of UG new partnerships and program development.
- Competitive Analyses: Develop and maintain competitive landscape database to serve as a key input for UG development, new partnership strategies, and existing partnership optimization efforts. Share findings on a regular basis with cross-functional stakeholders (e.g., global sales, regional directors, product sales, partner operations), as part of establishing ownership and product expertise.
- Partner Performance Evaluation: Assist in the development of our annual partner performance evaluation, whose findings serve as a key input for program optimizations and new program development.
- UG Data Analytics: Partner with our business analytics team to stay informed and report on overall student and educational industry trends as they relate to current Shorelight partnerships and UG products. Partner with business analytics team to develop, maintain, and own product-specific UG analytical reports (e.g., Salesforce, Tableau), which serve as key input for program tracking and future development efforts. Use admissions data to learn more about student profile of newly launched programs and identify areas to optimize.
- Launch and Go-to-Market Readiness:Attend relevant product working group meetings and develop go-to-market strategies. Partner with product training team to inform and develop relevant launch information for our regional teams. Support biannual agent launch event meetings with relevant product/launch information.
- Product Sales Liaison: Partner closely with our regional product sales team to stay informed of regional activities and report on market and channel learnings for future UG development, new partnership strategies, and existing partnership optimization efforts.
- Key Product Management Documents: Write and manage department product-specific documentation and dashboards, such new product price lists, partnership and UG portfolio scorecards, partnership one-pagers.
- Project Management: Drive and support key product launch timelines across multiple stakeholders, to ensure on-time delivery of new partnerships, products, and programs.
- Ad Hoc Reporting and Support: Provide leadership and assistance where needed with ad hoc requests, process establishment, analytical requests, and intake assessments.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field (e.g., marketing, statistics, business, economics)
- 3–5 years of experience in product/portfolio management or new product development
- 3–5 years of experience with data analytics, competitive analyses, and developing dashboard reports
- Proven experience at working effectively with cross-functional teams in a matrixed organization
- Successful track record of managing all aspects of a product throughout its lifecycle
- Proven ability to understand and solve business challenges using both big picture and detailed perspectives
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Ability to travel 10-15% of the time, mainly domestically but occasionally internationally
- Experience on the business side of higher education
- Experience with Salesforce or Tableau
- Strong presentation skills
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.