Product Management Intern (Summer)Boston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Product Development and Management Intern supports the development of undergraduate products and programs across our existing undergraduate partners, as well as any new partnerships launching throughout the year. Product management and centralized development is a new function at Shorelight, so this role supports us paving the way in establishing processes and executing key deliverables for a successful product management department. This role reports to the Senior Director of Undergraduate Product Development.
The Product Development and Management Intern not only supports team efforts but owns and drives key assignments throughout his or her time at Shorelight. The ideal candidate embraces a fast-paced, small business environment and understands how to navigate and operate in a multiple-stakeholder, matrixed environment. The intern should embody the passion to create, optimize, analyze, hypothesize, and realize, to help Shorelight meet its goal of providing international students with the best access to accredited U.S. universities.
Competitive and Product Analyses
- Lead and partner with analytics to develop a suite of product-level Tableau and Salesforce reports, which will serve as the foundation of product strategy development
- Assist in the development of partnership analyses, a full university-facing report that combines product, marketing, and competitive analysis to inform future product and marketing recommendations
- Establish competitive reporting that allows for cross-functional reach across academics, partner operations, student services, global recruitment, and product sales; this will serve as a major input to product strategy development
- Develop opportunity assessments across educational pathway programs/products, as well as university-level assessments to help inform our global sales strategy; identify 3–5 key areas in which Shorelight should be playing and winning
- Assist in the development of portfolio programs (i.e., Shorelight English) that allow us to maximize our offerings across all partners and subsequently contribute to product marketing strategies
- Team up with partner operations, global recruitment, product management, and finance to assist in the development of product-level forecasting and pricing modeling
- Pursuing a Master’s degree (MBA, MFA, Data Analytics or similar field)
- Experience in analytics
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Experience working in education or international recruitment
- Experience in program evaluation and assessment
- Experience in working in Salesforce and/or Tableau