Ole Miss International — Director, AdmissionsOxford, Mississippi
One hundred seventy years after opening its doors as the state’s flagship university, the University of Mississippi (UM) is a growing, vibrant research institution that offers nationally ranked academic and research programs. The state’s first public university to shelter a chapter of Phi Beta Kappa, the university attracts promising young scholars with a litany of outstanding programs, including the Sally McDonnell Barksdale Honors College. Ranked among the nation’s top public research universities by several measures, the University of Mississippi is home to more than 30 research centers and is designated an R1: Research Universities (highest research activity) in the Carnegie Classification of Institutions of Higher Education. For eight consecutive years, UM has been recognized as one of the best colleges in the nation to work for by the Chronicle of Higher Education. UM is committed to increasing the diversity of the university. UM was named the state’s healthiest workplace among all Mississippi colleges and universities and offers wellness programs. UM’s main campus is located in Oxford, in the rolling hills of north Mississippi 70 miles south of Memphis, Tennessee. A city of approximately 23,000 residents, Oxford is a vibrant university town with unique shops and galleries, eclectic restaurants, and historic landmarks.
The Director, Admissions manages all student admissions at Ole Miss International. Reporting to the Managing Director of Ole Miss International and with a secondary reporting to the Director of Campus Admissions Operations in Shorelight’s Central Admissions office, the Director of Admissions serves as the primary liaison with the University of Mississippi Admissions teams and International Student and Scholar Services office. The Director supervises a team of admissions staff in the Ole Miss International office and hiring of temps as needed. The Director must be a self-directed individual with demonstrated history of effective leadership. S/he must show excellence in problem-solving, verbal and written communication, as well as a strong attention to detail.
- Serve as primary advocate for Shorelight’s mission by working with field experts to identify opportunities to improve and execute on core values of the SL Admissions team: Access, Service, Speed, Transparency, Objectivity, and Calibrated Local Assessment
- In concert with University admissions operations, coordinate all aspects of the application flow for Ole Miss International applicants with a keen eye to streamlining process
- Monitor and uphold service agreements (turnaround time) for all applicant profiles, including graduate, sponsored, and I-20 transfer students, as applicable
- Responsible for ensuring consistent quality of applications being delivered to university audience, including regular tracking, forecast and analysis.
- Serve as primary relationship manager of critical university personnel including, but not limited to VP of Enrollment Management, Graduate Admissions Directors/Assistant Deans, Primary Designated School Official, in addition to supporting partnership relationships with the other key stakeholders in the enrollment process across the university
- Serve as primary relationship manager to all graduate department chairs running a Masters Accelerator Program (MAP) program
- Responsible for chairing the Enrollment Services Committee (ESC), maintaining a regular cadence of ESC meetings at the undergraduate and graduate levels, and communicating updates to the partnership Steering Committee and the wider Shorelight audience
- Oversee new application case escalation to the appropriate academic or faculty personnel
- Serve as Admissions lead and relationship manager on new program development, including development of admissions criteria, processes and implementation
- Lead bi-annual evaluation of Localized Entry Requirements (LERs), acceptable credentials, and application throughput with the intention of optimizing existing processes at the partnership level
- Develop, document, and communicate local campus policies related to admissions and enrollment management
- Coordinate data and file transfer into the university Student Information System (SIS)
- Work with university IT and Engineering personnel to improve systems integration
- Coordinate communications with Shorelight representatives and agents post application deposit
- Oversee I-20 packaging and delivery including management of Ole Miss International admissions staff and/or student workers involved in the process
- Other duties as directed by the Managing Director and the Shorelight Director of Campus Admissions Operations
- 5+ years of experience with international student transcript evaluation
- Experience leading and managing an effective admissions team
- Experience with student data management and/or application systems, including Banner, Salesforce, Synapsis, or other related CRM systems
- Knowledge of international student services within a higher education setting
- Demonstrated excellence in project management and leading process
- Demonstrated knowledge of international student transcript evaluation
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders from local, national, and international constituencies
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
- Master’s degree in international education-related field preferred
- 5+ years of experience in international admissions-graduate admissions strongly preferred
- Experience living in another cultural context and/or fluency in a second language preferred
- Enthusiasm for working with international students and the professionals who serve them
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, work collegially, and inspire others to high levels of performance
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Ole Miss International is an Equal Opportunity Employer.