Marketing Manager – Shorelight LIVEBeijing or Shanghai, China
Marketing Manager – Shorelight LIVE
Shanghai & Beijing, China
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
Shorelight Education is seeking to hire a Marketing Manager, Shorelight LIVE to support the execution of a student recruitment and product launch strategy across China targeted at international students seeking to earn a U.S. university graduate degree through a new, innovative, and globalized technology. Shorelight Live offers hybrid higher education programs that combine the traditional, immersive U.S. university experience with technology-enabled, in-country, live-lecture learning.
This role will report directly in to the Regional Marketing Director, China, and will work across all channels to market, drive lead generation and conversion, support enrollment and recruitment initiatives across both Direct and Indirect channels, manage, and report marketing and enrollment data for all Shorelight Live products in China. This role is a combination of product management and product marketing, and will work extremely closely with sales, marketing, campus operations, and a transnational operations and strategy team.
- Work across all channels within China to support the achievement of specific enrollment targets for Shorelight Live products
- Develop deep product knowledge of Shorelight Live products, university partners, and unique selling points of all
- Develop marketing content specific to Shorelight Live product, including but not limited to: website content, email nurture content, WeChat and other social media posts, advertising campaigns and more.
- Develop comprehensive understanding of target consumers and ideal channels for lead generation and conversion – continually deepen understanding of nuances of student personas
- Work closely with global Shorelight Live teams, regional marketing, recruitment and admissions to ensure alignment on transnational initiatives such as program launches and classroom demos
- Work closely with Digital Marketing team to develop integrated advertising and lead generation campaigns
- Support the China Training Manager to ensure all Shorelight recruitment staff members and education counsellor partners are trained on the relevant Shorelight Live programs and products
- Ensure clear and streamlined communications across departments, teams, and global offices
- Drive initiatives to ensure student feedback, testimonials and future alumni events are in place, working with campus managing director(s), the China marketing team and the China Event Planning Manager
- Work with the US Shorelight Live product team to source reliable market research for priority products in key regions in China
- Proactively manage communications from campus and Boston to regional marketing and sales teams regarding product updates, intake dates, admissions criteria, and marketing support
- Maintain a data-driven approach to enrollment management, including monitoring market and enrollment trends and competitor analysis
- Accountable for providing first-hand feedback to the US based product/campus teams on market conditions, recruitment activities, marketing campaigns and suggestions for further product optimization
- Be conduit between campus, operations, and sales to ensure that expectations and projections are set accurately and communicated clearly
- Facilitate trips for key international personnel to China as needed
- Attend evening and morning meetings outside of the standard workday on a regular basis
- Professional proficiency in English required
- Bachelor’s degree and 5+ years of relevant work experience; experience in product marketing or international education strongly preferred
- Energetic and motivated professional with strong organizational, project management and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a cross-cultural professional environment preferred
- Able to have evening and morning calls to accommodate different time zones
- Proficiency with CRM technology and reporting programs/systems preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Willingness and ability to travel across all tires of China cities, US and other international destinations
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, higher education administration or related area
- Right to work in China
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter or send application to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.