Inside Sales Enrollment Manager ChinaShanghai, China
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Inside Sales Enrollment Manager is a qualified professional that leads and manages the region’s direct sales team and will work closely with the Marketing team, Recruitment team and the Associate Director of Enrollment Operations/Inside Sales (ADEO) to achieve enrollment growth. This role drives regional lead conversion efficiency and enrollment counselling team effectiveness for the purposes of achieving enrollment targets across Shorelight’s university partners and suite of undergraduate and graduate products through digital campaigns, offline and online events and other direct lead sources of potential students.
Central areas of focus are defining, maintaining, and optimizing regional processes and technology; facilitating student inquiry management and conversion best practices; and providing an analytical lens and competitive intelligence on student decision making and conversion that can help accelerate regional growth. Measures of success for this role include achievement of regional revenue targets, increased lead to contact, lead to direct applications, and conversion from offer to enrollment percentages as well as strong team leadership skills.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Student Lead Management
- Drive direct student enrollments from the China region
- Continually coach and train Enrollment Counselors daily on effective conversion techniques including
- Effective contact structure through outbound phone calls, voicemails, emails and WeChat
- Lead base management techniques
- Product knowledge
- Collaborate regularly with real-time feedback loops with the ADEO and regional marketing team on campaigns, messaging, lead volume, and lead conversion activities
- Support and lead conversion campaigns via Marketo emails, online chat platforms, social media, text and phone calls to reach individual applicants
- Effectively maintain a comprehensive database of prospects in Salesforce and work with Enrollment Counselors to devise and execute follow-up and conversion strategies to drive applications and enrollments
- Consistently seeks opportunities to drive student growth through referral generation
- Maintain a high level of knowledge of current programs, products, processes, and policies
- Demonstrate expertise in all steps of the admissions process
- Understand and communicate the value propositions of our brands (and those of our competitors) in order to be able to provide an excellent student experience
- Team Leadership
- Lead and execute the China Direct Sales strategy that drives a culture of data-driven conversion efforts and concierge service across the enrollment funnel.
- Work cross-departmentally with IT, admissions, marketing, recruitment and campus teams, to drive improvement in technical and communication gaps.
- Lead, train, develop and motivate Enrollment Counselors in day-to-day service operations, provide continuous training and effectively manage workflow as determined by enrollment cycles.
- Maintain performance management of Enrollment Counseling team
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Analyze data and report ongoing weekly updates, reports and forecasts to the Inside Sales and the Marketing team for all students
- Be the point of information and clarity on all conversion activities and student pipeline status
- Maintain a database of respective regional students to track their status and progression to enrollment.
- Manage Salesforce dashboards and reports to enable insights into the student journey and enrollment counselor’s workflow
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- 5+ years of experience managing/leads a sales or recruitment team in the international education industry
- Knowledge of best practices in university student recruitment, understanding of university admissions, record functions, the Chinese student journey and effective conversion practices
- Advanced oral and written communication skills with telephonic sales experience
- Advanced computer literacy
- Demonstrated management and leadership ability and superior demonstration of experience in motivating, supervising and evaluating the performance of direct reports.
- Ability to handle multiple demands on time in a calm and effective way. Ability to work with leadership within colleges regarding issues impacting undergraduate admissions.
- Proven track record of working collaboratively in a matrix governance model
- Strategic-minded and sales-driven, strong drive for results, pressure-resilient
- High proficiency with technology and reporting programs/systems, specifically Salesforce
- Excellent communication and presentation skills
- Detail- and data-oriented
- Exemplary customer service skills and ability to foster a customer service ethic within the work team
- Beneficial to have existing network and relationships within the education industry in China, strong working knowledge of key international markets, programs and products
- Fluency in English and Mandarin
- Ability to work in the hiring location without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.