Help Desk InternBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Help Desk Intern learns and experiences what Desktop Support consists of in the corporate environment. This experience will also show what opportunities this career path can lead – which are positions and roles generally within a company’s Technology department. Desktop Support consists of delivering direct, end-to-end technology support to Shorelight employees while providing excellent levels of service and support to the Shorelight community. This position acts as the first-line technical support contact for the Boston headquarters and all of its partnerships and remote users. The Desktop Support Specialist works closely with Human Resources to regarding the onboarding and offboarding process, as well as inventory management.
- Maintain and develop strong technical expertise in key technologies in use within Shorelight, which includes areas such as operating systems, browsers, voice and data networking, Zoom, Outlook email client, Office 365, Okta, and the like
- Troubleshoot and resolve IT issues via phone, Web, and in-person channels
- Understand the familiarity with current and upcoming technology trends in mobile, desktop OS, etc and how to relate to the company
Support & Customer Service
- Actively monitor onboarding pipeline and ticket queues, and ensure that all requests are handled in accordance with Shorelight’s service delivery standards
- Escalate tickets proactively to responsible senior team members or specialists
- Demonstrate high degrees of skill and tact in the areas of teamwork and interpersonal relationships, including highly effective oral, written, and listening communication skills
- Assume other duties as required
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with Windows 10 and macOS operating systems
- Strong technical, multitasking, and interpersonal skills
- Previous IT / Help Desk role
- IT, CS or other tech related major
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.