Global UCF — Assistant Academic DirectorOrlando, Florida
Global UCF is a partnership between the University of Central Florida (UCF) and Shorelight Education. The mission of our program is to foster cultural diversity, create access to UCF for international students, and promote the University of Central Florida’s internationalization strategy by recruiting talented students from around the world and providing them with comprehensive English language, academic exchange and acculturation programs that lead to student success and likelihood of obtaining their degrees.
The Assistant Academic Director assists with the academic process for all Global UCF programs for international students. Our programs combine college level course work and academic English classes with cultural transition support. The Assistant Academic Director will report to and assist Global UCF’s Academic Director and work closely with university administrators, academic support staff, and faculty members to ensure the quality of this specialized academic program. The Assistant Academic Director supports and guides Global UCF students by organizing effective student resources and processes in areas of academic English, tutorials, among others as students progress through the program.
Successful candidates are skilled academic managers who can ensure the delivery of a high-quality academic experience for all students in the Global UCF programs. The Assistant Academic Director must possess the interpersonal skills to work closely with a range of administrators and students. They must also be a strong team player who participates in both academic and student services initiatives.
- Oversee and assist with day-to-day academic operations of the program
- Implement and monitor student retention processes and develop/promote policies for the program
- Manage academic operations (as per guidelines of the Academic Director), including ensuring established systems and procedures are followed, and accurate records and reports on the program are maintained
- Support the Academic Director in liaising with academic committees and other partners related to the matriculation and onboarding of new students initially, through the Global UCF programs, and into university degree programs
- Work with academic departments and the English Language Institute to ensure appropriate scheduling of courses and assignment of instructional staff for the Global UCF programs
- Report on the progress and satisfaction of the students’ achievement of objectives including progression through the program and degree completion at the university
- Adhere to university policies regarding academic integrity and related university academic policies
- Design, execute, and maintain the enrollment process of all Global UCF students active in their program
- Maintain an annual calendar of scheduling activities and ensure timely completion of these activities
- Develop, implement, and coordinate academic support services for students in the program
- Support new student orientation programming and delivery
- Maintain up-to-date student records including schedules, grades, attendance any other data as directed
- Other duties as assigned
- Master’s degree or Master’s degree in progress in higher education or related field required
- Minimum of three years of experience in higher education
- Experience working with international students and first year college students
- Ability to work in a diverse environment and exhibit cross-cultural competence and understanding
- High energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Outstanding customer service, oral and written communication
- Demonstrated excellent problem–solving, decision-making and creative-thinking abilities
- Demonstrated understanding of class management tools including databases, Microsoft Office programs, course management systems, and forms of media to support an interactive and student-centered classroom instruction
- Demonstrated problem-solving, decision-making, and creative-thinking abilities
- Demonstrated tact, patience, and diplomacy, particularly with non-native English speakers
- Eligibility to work and travel in the United States without sponsorship
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Global UCF is an Equal Opportunity Employer.