FP&A ManagerBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
We are seeking a Corporate Financial Planning & Analysis (FP&A) Manager to join our growing team based in Boston, MA. The corporate finance team is responsible for managing business planning, executing our forecast process, and evaluating investment opportunities. This role will have the unique opportunity to participate and influence all aspects of the business. This role will also require a high level of intellectual curiosity with a drive for a deep understanding of a wide array of data points. Being collaborative, organized, and having a passion for data modeling is essential.
- Lead the annual and quarterly planning processes, ensuring accuracy and expediency
- Participation in the creation, communication, and execution of multi-year strategic plan
- Own the quarterly / annual cash flow model, working with other stakeholders to forecast P&L, Balance Sheet, and Cash Flow statements
- Lead in-depth analysis of key performance indicators
- Assist in prioritization and delivery of ad hoc analysis projects
- Produce a robust quarterly reporting package providing senior leadership with understanding of not only the results but also the leading indicators of future results
- Collaborate with our sales operations team to build performance metrics that support executive decision making
- Assume ownership of the company’s metric reporting and analysis
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that is reflective of Shorelight’s values
- Bachelor degree in Finance or Accounting, or equivalent practical experience
- 5+ years of corporate FP&A experience
- Strong understanding of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP), three statement financial modeling, and consolidated reporting
- Strong system skills with a focus on Adaptive Insights and Salesforce.com
- Previous people management experience
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.