Enrollment Management SpecialistHo Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally-minded alumni.
The Enrollment Management Specialist is responsible for supporting a student’s journey throughout the admissions lifecycle. This includes evaluating students’ academic records, collecting and reviewing admissions documents for completion, visa preparation and counselling, and other pre-arrival conversion activities in the Vietnam region. Based in Ho Chi Minh City, the Enrollment Management Specialist works as part of a highly motivated professional team and is responsible for supporting the conversion of applicants to new student enrollment for our University partners.
This position collaborates with colleagues within the enrollment management team, recruiters/sales teams, and Shorelight’s University campus teams to provide a student-focused, high-touch, signature learning and service experience that lead to student conversion. Measures of success for this role include the ability to drive conversion from application submission to deposit and enrollment, achieving a high rate of application completion, pre-payment, visa issuance, and on-time arrival to campuses, while maintaining quality and service delivery expectations. This service and support role requires engaging with applicants, parents, and agents via online chat platform, email, and telephone daily.
- Application evaluation and support
- Evaluate academic credentials, English proficiency and standardized test scores against partner programs’ admissions requirements to determine opportunities for a students’ admissibility;
- Render decisions and redirect student to other programs where they may be admissible.
- Review and collection of all application document requirements
- Maintain high quality review standards while meeting service delivery turnaround time
- Work with colleagues in Global Enrollment Management to support continuous process and policy improvement for all programs
- Maintain application data in Salesforce; use views and reports to track production and individual performance
- Collaborate with team and x-functional colleagues to support and achieve monthly and annual organizational target goals.
- I-20 and Visa Preparation
- Collaborate closely with admissions, agents and recruitment for all confirmed students to ensure efficient completion of required documents to achieve I-20s for students
- Provide a comprehensive visa preparation service to students and agents including regular presentations to agencies, sharing of tips and best practices, and mock interviews with students to achieve a 95%+ visa issuance rate
- Track and analyze visa appointments, embassy processing times and student interview feedback to continuously enhance and adapt visa preparation according to current trends and insights
- Pre-Departure Process and Activity Management
- Manage and facilitate an engaging and informative pre-departure concierge service for students, parents and agencies
- Participate with the planning and implementation of pre-departure events (online and offline)
- Ensure student’s financial obligations are met by facilitating payments of tuition and other associated fees before departure
- Ensure students complete and submit pre-arrival documentation to campuses, with a focus on the transportation form so campus teams can effectively manage the arrival process
- Work with recruitment, students and agencies to ensure on-time arrival of students to campus for orientation
- Serve as the main point of contact for all sub-regional agents and students in the pre-arrival phase
- Data Analysis and Reporting
- Provide key partner’s VIP service, including customized reports, regular update of student application progress, and in agent office visits
- Analyze data in order to provide ongoing weekly updates, reports and forecasts to the ES Manager and Regional team for all students
- Be the point of information and clarity on all conversion activities and student status
- Stakeholder / Student Family Engagement and Management
- Manage and maintain regional agent/student online enquiry platforms
- Build a strong rapport with students, parents, channel partners, partner campus teams, admissions and any other key stakeholders
- Maintain a database of assigned students to track their status and progress toward arrival
- Act as key contact for the campus student services teams post arrival to help communicate with channel partners/parents to assist with any follow-on activities post enrollment (i.e. student attendance, performance etc.)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent required
- Experience living, working, or studying overseas preferred
- Proficient in writing and speaking English and Vietnamese
- Outstanding interpersonal skills and cultural sensitivity toward students and staff from a diverse range of backgrounds
- Excellent organizational skills and strong attention to detail
- Must possess effective time management skills, sense of urgency and ability to plan and prioritize daily activities
- Proven ability to take initiative, work independently and manage multiple tasks efficiently
- Must be able to consistently meet quality standards and complete projects in a timely manner
- Must possess critical thinking, problem solving skills and good judgment
- Must be self-motivated and able to work effectively in a team environment
- Must possess consultative skills and demonstrate ability to adapt to change in a fast-paced environment
- Must possess ability to receive constructive feedback and demonstrate accountability
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point)
- Working knowledge of CRM software, eg Salesforce, preferred
- Prior experience in an admissions/sales role in the higher education or international education sector or related field preferred.
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.