Director, Partner Operations & ImplementationBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Director of Partner Operations & Implementation (DPOI) develops university partnerships and the international programs they offer. These programs combine English language instruction and support with academic instruction and acculturation. Reporting to the Senior Director, Partner Operations & Implementation, the DPOI builds and maintains all on-the-ground operations of the international programs as part of university/Shorelight partnerships. As a critical player on the implementation team, the DPOI participates in discussions with university partners, strategic and ongoing leadership for the partnerships, day-to-day operations, and liaising with colleagues on the Shorelight Education team.
The main responsibility of this role is to ensure all concepts and details are agreed-upon with the university partners prior to program launches. The DPOI connects key university partners and respective Shorelight Education colleagues to establish trust and foster partnerships. He/she is a skilled team player who can successfully lead the establishment of innovative educational ventures, including accountability for all start-up and continuity details.
Implementation and Launch Readiness
- Overall responsibility for implementing international programs by establishing a framework for operations, programs, and services, including finance, real estate, student services, and the overall student experience
- Assist with devising and optimizing programs that retain students and guide, prepare, and motivate them to degree completion
- Manage the establishment and documentation of partnership governance
- Ensure proactive engagement in project management and launch delivery
- Recruit, develop, and retain team members to ensure productivity and engagement
- Engage in talent management activities such as goal setting, performance evaluations, stay interviews, development planning, and ongoing feedback to develop team members and achieve organization goals
- Provide coaching, counseling, and corrective action (when necessary) to team members
- Foster a culture that reflects Shorelight’s values
- Foster strong relationships with high level university team members, applying a collaborative and flexible approach
- Ensure that each program adheres to the high standards of Shorelight and the partner universities and work to continuously improve the programs
- Represent the programs internationally and domestically, including participation in marketing events, on familiarization tours, and through memberships and affiliations
- Bachelor’s degree
- 5+ years’ experience in higher education management with strong team motivational skills
- Proven ability to recruit, lead, motivate, coach, develop, and retain top academic and administrative staff
- Record of leadership delivering strategic, financial, and operational objectives
- Interest in international student recruitment and/or marketing
- Understanding of student support services for international students
- Demonstrated exceptional interpersonal, communication, presentation, and negotiation skills
- Problem-solving, decision-making, and creative-thinking abilities
- Strong working knowledge of Microsoft applications
- Experience working with project management software
- 50%-75% travel (primarily domestic with limited international)
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Master’s Degree
- Demonstrated P&L responsibility
- Experience working with international students in an administrative or academic capacity
- Experience using CRMs or Student Information databases, Salesforce a plus
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.