Director of Operations, Student AcquisitionBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs — whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries — that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Director of Operations, Student Acquisition is responsible for strategy and execution of portions of the sales and marketing operations, including the student acquisition budgets, KPI monitoring and analysis, process improvement and efficacy, and best practices implementation. We are a global team and growing fast, and this role is critical to help architect and oversee a scalable, best-in-class sales and marketing operations function.
- Leads and works with VP of Analytics and Sales Ops, our marketing leadership, and sales leadership to design and develop processes and systems to ensure operational execution in our distribution strategy.
- Accountable for identifying new opportunities & risks, assess options and take appropriate actions to ensure growth, scalability, and sustainability of our new student enrollment targets.
- Support and lead parts of an enterprise-wide process for determining proper sales and marketing resource deployment, including compensation and bonus plans, quota development and territory planning.
- Create and document process workflows and controls as they relate to the sales cycle. Optimize the prospect-to-enrollment process with focus on automation and ease-of-use.
- Deliver leadership, decision-making and a roadmap for enabling sales technologies, working as a critical business partner to Shorelight’s strategic recruitment initiatives across all channels – direct and indirect.
- Works with cross functional teams to plan and roll out product-wide initiatives with strict adherence to timeline, budget, and resources
- Makes recommendations grounded in data and guided by a broader understanding of the business
- Builds, develops, and manages a team
- Manages daily operations of student acquisition ops team to ensure successful project delivery; ensures fair allocation of workload and resources, aligning projects with priority to the business
- Leads cross-functional teams by maintaining effective relationships both internally and external stakeholders
- Helps manage the sales and marketing budget planning across the world and helps track monthly adherence to budget
- Establishes, tracks, and reports on key performance indicators related to sales and marketing including ROI on key campaigns, staff performance, and conversion metrics
- Analyzes policy issues, identifies organizational impact, and coordinates recommendations on strategies and alternatives for dealing with the issues
- Manages and improves current workflow across functional teams in market
- Bachelor’s degree required
- 6+ years of full-time work experience in a related field such as student recruitment
- Up to 20% domestic and international travel
- Energetic and motivated professional with strong organizational and interpersonal skills
- Experience working in a cross-cultural professional environment preferred
- Familiarity using a CRM system such as Salesforce.com preferred
- Experience in data analytics and reporting preferred
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Eligibility to work in the US without sponsorship
- High energy level and ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Problem solving, decision-making, and creative thinking abilities
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
As standard procedure for all new hires, this position is subject to a satisfactory reference check and background check, which includes criminal, sex offender, employment, and education verification, and may also include credit check.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.