Data AnalystBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is a U.S.-based education company that funds and manages partnerships with universities to drive institutional growth, create new revenue streams, and expand options for students. Our vision is to bring together innovative universities and global citizens in a movement to educate the world. Shorelight focuses on international/transnational education and a unique student experience. Our diverse and talented team is made up of passionate change-makers who think entrepreneurially and act collaboratively. To learn more about Shorelight Education, please visit our website at www.shorelight.com.
The Data Analyst I helps lead efforts to weave data and analytics into the fabric of Shorelight’s everyday work. This role supports the conversion of data into insights that will lead to informed business decisions, working with stakeholders and top management within the assigned departments. This role will have to handle multiple simultaneous tasks, prioritize work, and remain functional under pressure and aggressive timelines.
Data Management & Analysis
- Acquires, cleans, and structures data from multiple sources, working closely with end users (both internal and external) to translate requirements into data-driven applications and data visualization solutions (e.g. reporting and dashboards)
- QA/QCs data and report output to ensure accuracy
- Supports multiple projects or reporting needs, using data to answer interesting, and often non-intuitive questions. As applicable, works with senior analysts on project delivery
- Creates ad-hoc analyses that yield clear, tangible metrics for performance assessment, improvement, and alignment.
- Begins to demonstrate ability to synthesize implications and the “so what?” from the analysis
- Answers business questions by applying appropriate techniques to available data or designing and running experiments
- Determines key data sources and data interdependencies within the organization to ensure all relevant parameters are considered to gather insights
- Responds to inquiries with fully accurate, well-structured summaries of insights within very short periods of time
- Builds dashboards and reports with effective design, guided from end user input
- Manages 3rd party vendors or suppliers with oversight, as needed
- Capable of making engaging presentations
- Works cross-functionally to determine and solve the largest problems facing the business through research, analysis, and innovation
- Supports the development of actionable recommendations to such stakeholders
- Focuses on supporting department’s internal systems and their integration to streamline access to information
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g., Statistics, Social Sciences, Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent)
- 1-2 years of business experience
- Experience with one or more statistical and mathematical programming packages (R, SAS, SPSS, Excel, Access)
- Ability to communicate and visualize quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Internal customer orientation and excellent problem-solving skills
- Must be extremely organized, detail-oriented, work well under pressure and be able to work across several projects and tasks both independently and as part of a team
- Strong analytical and problem solving capabilities, and ability to self-motivate and think strategically about how to meet goals
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with adaptability
- Self-starter with ability to take initiative and deliver tangible results under deadlines
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Familiarity with relational databases or SQL concepts
- Hands-on experience with business intelligence tools or reporting software
- Experience working with unstructured data and large datasets
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.