Channel Marketing Manager (Greater China)Beijing or Shanghai, China
Channel Marketing Manager (Greater China)
Shanghai or Beijing
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Channel Marketing Manager will work closely with the Greater China recruitment team and Shorelight’s central channel marketing team to develop and execute Shorelight’s channel marketing strategy for the greater China region. This consists of content development, sales collateral creation, email and social media campaigns, presentations, webinars, and other communications to support our channel partners in promoting our partner universities programs and growing student enrollments. The role requires a dynamic individual who works across teams, communicating with marketing teams across the globe, admissions, program implementation, and others. The Channel Marketing Manager is an integral part of the marketing team and must have a bachelor’s degree as well as a positive, can-do attitude; strong attention to detail; experience in project management; and exceptional communication skills.
The responsibilities of this position include:
- Collaborate with Shorelight’s central marketing and China student recruitment teams in the development of localized channel marketing plans, materials, and tools to drive enrollment to all partner universities.
- Develop all communications planning to engage and communicate with our channel partners on behalf of Shorelight and our partner universities and programs.
- Track the efficiency of all channel marketing projects, and subsequently measure results with other marketers and sales managers. This includes tight alignment with our channel partners’ account managers internally and ability to manage within our CRM to ensure consistency.
- Localize and produce best in class channel collateral, including writing copy and design.
- Ensure all channel marketing materials are appropriately customized and localized including translation, attention to cultural sensitivities, and placement in China social media outlets
- Lead and manage localized channel collateral planning, budgeting, quality control, and production
- Develop strong online Shorelight channel presence through social media strategy and the design and creation of a custom application
- Initiate and localize channel marketing and conversion campaign via Hubspot, Salesforce, and social media to drive enrollments
- Build strong relationships with the marketing departments to effectively co-promote our universities.
- To develop china localized tools that enable the recruitment team to communicate effectively with channel partners in a timely, efficient and effective manner.
- Utilize third party vendors for technical expertise and manage these relationships where necessary.
- Manage the local channel marketing team
- 5+ years’ tactical marketing experience preferably within international or higher education
- Experience developing and implementing high-level marketing plans and budgets
- Excellent project management skills, including setting priorities and anticipating needs
- Ability to work with CRMs systems to monitor progress, report on key metrics, and communicate across the channel
- Ability to collaborate with stakeholders from local, national, and international constituencies
- Superior interpersonal and communication skills, including excellent ability to communicate with people from a wide variety of cultures and linguistic backgrounds
- Ability to foster collaboration and trust, work collegially, and inspire others to high levels of performance
- Proficiency with Adobe Creative Suite (In-Design, Photoshop, Illustrator, and Acrobat)
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and YouTube, and China localized media platforms including Weibo, Wechat, QQ, etc.
- Strong leadership and management skill with experience in leading team and people management
- Bachelor’s degree, preferably in marketing, communications, business, international relations, or related area
- Ability to travel as needed to work with key agents or feeder schools in developing messaging and look and feel of marketing materials
- Experience living, working, or studying overseas preferred
- Strong working knowledge of following languages: English, Mandarin Chinese, and Cantonese
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter or send application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.