Career Development Intern (Summer)Boston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for students worldwide. Based in Boston, the company works directly with top-ranked, nonprofit American universities to build innovative programs and high-touch, technology-driven services that help talented students thrive and become global citizens.
The Career Development Intern is passionate about working within international education. This individual has a strong work ethic and abundant enthusiasm for developing his or her skills and career.
Marketing is an essential support for program promotion and community relations at Shorelight. The Career Development Intern contributes to content creation for Shorelight’s Career Development Program (the Career Accelerator), working closely with the Program Director and Project Coordinator. Our intern also performs database management (using Salesforce) to research priority leadership development programs that often provide successful entry points to the career world for our graduates.
The Career Development Intern works with a number of stakeholders in the headquarters office to gain a well-rounded experience of the entire business.
- Capture and share content for social media platforms such as highlights and key moments for events as determined by the Career Accelerator team
- Work with the Career Accelerator Program Managers to write content for partnership blogs and weekly newsletters for the recruitment team
- Contribute to Career Accelerator internal channel with student success stories, student/university outings, and other updates
- Review and update the current database of Leadership Development Programs/ Graduate Recruitment Programs to identify and catalog important recruitment procedures and application deadlines
- Update the current database of student information to identify and catalog professional opportunities
- Identify key industry contacts and contact details (where possible) for each university program
- Conduct research and collect information for a variety of projects, including program training manuals, economic reports, and professional opportunities for international students
- Support the Student Ambassador Program when needed
- Provide additional support to the wider partner operations team
- Strong written and verbal English skills
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple projects efficiently and simultaneously
- Ability to think independently, thoroughly, and critically in fast-paced contexts
- Strong knowledge of social media platforms, including LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, and other local media platforms
- Demonstrated interest in international education
- Proficient in Microsoft Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Open and enthusiastic to learn
- Business Administration, Marketing, or other relevant major
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background Check Required–Education, Criminal, Identity
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.