Business Intelligence AnalystBoston, Massachusetts
Shorelight Education is reinventing the international education experience for both students and universities. In partnership with leading U.S. institutions, we build innovative degree programs—whether on campus or cloud-based, in the United States or students’ home countries—that help students thrive and create a new generation of successful, globally minded alumni.
The Business Intelligence Analyst supports various senior leadership initiatives by driving cross-functional projects that support Shorelight’s corporate goals. This individual requires superb analytic abilities to help Shorelight make better data-driven decisions. The Business Intelligence Analyst is a strategic thinker who also assists with building business processes that drive growth company-wide. This position reports to Shorelight’s Chief of Staff.
Data Management and Analysis
- Support multiple projects or reporting needs, using data to answer interesting and often nonintuitive questions
- As applicable, work with senior analysts on project delivery
- Create ad hoc analyses that yield clear, tangible metrics for performance assessment, improvement, and alignment
- Synthesize data to prove out key metrics of Shorelight’s corporate story
- Respond to inquiries with fully accurate, well-structured summaries of insights within very short periods of time
- Guided by end-user input, build dashboards and reports with effective design
- Acquire, clean, and structure data from multiple sources, working closely with end users (both internal and external) to represent data in various visualizations and/or dashboards and data visualization solutions (e.g., reporting and dashboards)
- Lead creation of corporate story presentations and external investor presentations
- Support creation of all board of directors’ materials
- Work cross-functionally to determine and solve the largest problems facing the business through research, analysis, and innovation
- Support the development of actionable recommendations to senior stakeholders
- Support development of cross-functional business processes
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field (e.g., statistics, social sciences, computer science, engineering, or equivalent)
- 2–5 years of business experience
- Experience with one or more statistical and mathematical programming packages (R, SAS, SPSS, Excel, Access)
- Ability to communicate and visualize quantitative analysis in a clear, precise, and actionable manner
- Proven internal customer orientation and excellent problem-solving skills
- Extremely organized and detail-oriented, with the ability to work well under pressure and to work across several projects and tasks both independently and as part of a team
- Exemplary analytical capabilities and ability to self-motivate and think strategically about how to meet goals
- Strong project management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication, with adaptability
- Ability to deliver tangible results under tight deadlines
- Eligibility to work in and travel freely to and from the United States without sponsorship
- Familiarity with relational databases or SQL concepts
- Hands-on experience with business intelligence tools or reporting software
- Experience working with unstructured data and large datasets
To apply for this position, please visit the Shorelight Careers page to submit an application with a resume and cover letter.
Background check required — Education, Identity, Criminal
Shorelight Education is an Equal Opportunity Employer.